Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

17 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I was in the middle of typing "well that's the weakest red card I've seen in a while" when the ref went over to check VAR and then rescinded it.

Utter farce of a process but they got there in the end.

Honestly surprised it was overturned, it's to the face and there's a little bit of force to it. One of those classic "had he booked him it wouldn't have been upgraded by VAR" but I'm surprised that was deemed a clear and obvious error.

That one in the Madrid derby last night felt very soft but it think Guillem had some stat about anything arm looking being judged more harshly in La Liga.

There are so many different views of different stats I could have chosen, but take this as just an example.

last 10 games.png

Look at this absolute dross. I don't care what mitigating circumstances anyone tries to cite - none of them explain or excuse being this fucking bad.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lanky316 said:

That is one of the most bizarre decisions I've seen in a long time that a referee sends someone off for slapping someone in the face.... Then withdraws the red card because it's allowed now?

Tbf, he clearly pushes his shoulder, slips and hits him in the face. Would've been a silly red, much like Sonny's a few years back which never was. Complete farce, but the ref got the right decision in the end. Silva also had a cheeky elbow at Romero early in the game, and because Romero gives it and worse every game, I just think yeah fair enough get on with it. Ref had a bit of a mare and let it get out of control, thankfully, cos it was otherwise dull. 

We weren't great today, all our familiar problems remain, but thankfully Chelsea are so bad they made us look decent. 

Love Skippy though, thrilled for him. 

Edited by Jimmy

It's amazing how much better Liverpool look when Konate and Virgil are both fit. We've still had had matches with them of course, but clearly much better with them together.

Nice to be on the path to 3 points. Now to just do it consistently!

• Like 1

Dog of a game but a wins a win. 3 wins in 4 in the league and 4 cleansheets in said 4 games. 

Somehow dragged ourselves into an outside chance of 4th. Obviously Sunday is a massive game and I'm not expecting much but if we can grab a point I'd be made up with that.