NFL 2022

Lineker

On 25/10/2022 at 17:50, Jacob deBusch said:

If Mac gets written off as a bust already, I’d be kinda nervous about letting Belichick pick the next QB of the future.

There's been some on Boston sports radio who have theorized that Zappe is being favored over Jones because Zappe is a yes man and doesn't question coaches.  

Also, our "offensive coordinator" is Matt Patricia.  No matter who the QB is, they're gonna wind up on a downward trajectory.

50 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

There's been some on Boston sports radio who have theorized that Zappe is being favored over Jones because Zappe is a yes man and doesn't question coaches.  

Also, our "offensive coordinator" is Matt Patricia.  No matter who the QB is, they're gonna wind up on a downward trajectory.

It also should be mentioned that Joe Judge is the QB coach (and also another "offensive coordinator"). It sounded bad before the season and it still sounds bad now.

9 hours ago, Jacob deBusch said:

Bears are only getting a 4th round pick and retaining most of Quinn's salary.

Really feels like every team in the league is falling over themselves to help the Eagles.  This is like the 4th lopsided trade they've made this year.

What do you think a 32 year old pass rusher with 1 sack on the year is worth exactly? 

6 hours ago, livid said:

What do you think a 32 year old pass rusher with 1 sack on the year is worth exactly? 

It's not really surprising to me he only has 1 sack this year, not because he's 32 but because he's being double teamed on nearly every snap following a year in which he set the franchise single-season sack record.

Anyway, the 4th round pick itself is more than fair.  I understand their main goal was to shed themselves of 2023/24 cap space, Quinn's salaries in those two years aren't guaranteed IIRC but you may as well get something for a guy you were going to otherwise think about cutting.

It's fact that the Bears are just eating nearly all of his remaining 2022 money is the part that irks me.  For like three weeks now I've read every Giants beat writer talk about how the team has no realistic way to make trades this year (specifically for a WR) because they have very little 2022 cap space to work with.  It's why Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney haven't even been short-term IR'ed yet because the team doesn't see any street free agent WR worth paying an NFL salary to.  And that it would be very difficult to talk a team into eating 2022 money in trade.

And then the Eagles talk the Bears into eating 2022 money.  I'm just salty is all.  My least favorite team has managed to get AJ Brown, Jordan Davis, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Robert Quinn for seemingly very little, and they still have boatloads of draft capital including the Saints' 1st rounder which improves by the week.  Annoying.