NFL 2022

Lineker

1 minute ago, Jacob deBusch said:

Falcons remain the biggest choke artists in NFL history.

I dunno, missing the game winning extra point because of a penalty on a TD play is pretty bad too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, damhausen said:

The removing your helmet rule is stupid, doubly so when you remove it off the field of play and still get flagged.

He was off the field?!? I kinda maybe get the rule if you're still on the field they don't want people flinging helmets around but outside the field is just silly

53 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

He was off the field?!? I kinda maybe get the rule if you're still on the field they don't want people flinging helmets around but outside the field is just silly

He may have started taking off while still in the endzone but all the highlights showed him with it off behind the endzone which, to me, is no different than the sidelines.

Meh.  Today’s game is pretty much the kind of game I expected to see a lot of from the Giants this year.  They were due for a stinker, and 6-2 at the bye is far better than any Giants fan could’ve expected.

Now the question is does Joe Schoen give up some of his 2023 draft capital to get a much-needed WR.  If he doesn’t, it’s a sign they don’t really intend on being a playoff team despite this surprise start.  It’s just not sustainable to win with an offense where throwing the ball downfield isn’t even an option.

I'm not one for tanking, but it does looks increasingly likely we're getting the #1 overall pick... 

On 27/10/2022 at 18:07, damhausen said:

My eternal fear of Breshad Perriman killing us in a game returns tonight.

As it turns out we had nothing to worry about, Didn't even see him. 

Brady decidedly shithouse

Amazing night 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, damhausen said:

Ravens just traded a 2nd and 5th rounder for Roquan Smith.

I feel like that's a big overpay, enjoy the picks Chicago.

Punting that season away - gotta wonder where Chicago goes from here. They seem so frightened by the concept of Justin Fields airing the ball out that they've barely let him pass the dang thing and now they are jettisoning their defensive threats off to get picks (which I get) but what's looking up for them going forward? Darnell Mooney maybe?

So they're going to have an insane amount of cap room and a pretty healthy assortment of draft picks. You must give Fields year 3 to see if he makes the leap but it's such a stupidly tight window to basically rebuild the entire team in free agency this offseason. They're also expecting a lot out of their rookie class.

Overall, a weird as hell organization. I guess they're just dealing with the ramifications still of going all in on the Trubisky years.