NFL 2022

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Jacob deBusch said:

Titans have reached agreement with the city of Nashville on a $2.2 billion domed stadium.

Ownership will pay $800 million and the NFL will pay $200 million.  The rest will fall on taxpayers, of course.

Ehhh, they will absolutely do a Super Bowl, and probably a Final Four and definitely a Wrestlemania, in Nashville so at least the cities and tax payers will see a return.

This is all true, but I just can't in good conscience get excited about billionaires not paying for their own projects that they could easily finance.

That said, Nashville isn't terrible in the winter so they could easily end up in the unofficial rotation where they get multiple Super Bowls over the life of the stadium.  Minnesota and Detroit are the only domed stadiums that I just don't think are going to get more than the one they already have.

• Sad 1

Nashville will be an extremely popular market for all the big events. Basically all new stadiums will be domed. Bears trying to get a dome built so bad that they're considering moving halfway to Milwaukee to make it happen. Commanders will presumably get a domed stadium in rural Virginia just to have it. The Super Bowl/Final Four/WrestleMania/Live Concerts cash cow is just too much to pass up.

Buffalo, meanwhile, no dome. And it's still a shitload being passed onto the taxpayers.

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

Nashville will be an extremely popular market for all the big events. Basically all new stadiums will be domed. Bears trying to get a dome built so bad that they're considering moving halfway to Milwaukee to make it happen. Commanders will presumably get a domed stadium in rural Virginia just to have it. The Super Bowl/Final Four/WrestleMania/Live Concerts cash cow is just too much to pass up.

Buffalo, meanwhile, no dome. And it's still a shitload being passed onto the taxpayers.

Yeah we got that kind of deal with Ford Field. I actually attended the Wrestlemania so that was cool.

They actually don't do many concerts at Ford Field that I'm aware of though, Little Ceasers is usually the stadium for that.

Anyway, hopefully the Lions get healthy. It's gonna be a rough year, maybe expectations were too high.

19 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Anyway, hopefully the Lions get healthy. It's gonna be a rough year, maybe expectations were too high.

Lions fans still have high expectations? :shifty:  

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I'm in a virtually tied game with Jeudy on my team going up against Sutton.

I brought this on myself.

Also, is Staley vs Hackett the worst MNF coaching matchup in history?

If not, its a contender.

18 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

I don't know if it's just been the games I've watched but the NFL has felt really dull this year.

They've been serving up some absolute stinkers on national TV this season.

• Like 1