NFL 2022

Lineker

Meanwhile, Kadarius Toney who has been on the injury report literally every week of his career, barely played last year, missed the last two games with a hamstring injury...did not make the trip to London and Daboll confirmed today that he's tweaked his OTHER hamstring.

Takes a lot to say it about an NFL player but I think it's fair to question if he's simply too soft to play in the league.  There is no such thing as a fully healthy NFL player.  Everybody is banged up to various degrees and it becomes a matter of what can you actually play through vs. what you can't.  If you're gonna shut it down the second you feel the slightest twinge, you're simply never going to see the field.

I'm sure other people were telling him the same thing in more blunt terms because he's tweeted this out and closed his replies.

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

3 more prime time games for this godawful Broncos team, including  Monday night next week :facepalm:

This wouldn't be so bad if... checks notes... they would let Russ cook!

• Haha 1

I've just watched the highlights and even in highlight form it's one of the worst games I've ever seen. My deepest sympathies to anyone who watched the whole thing.

On the plus side I did end up laughing a lot, in an "of course Wilson throws a pick in the redzone" way.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I've just watched the highlights and even in highlight form it's one of the worst games I've ever seen. My deepest sympathies to anyone who watched the whole thing.

On the plus side I did end up laughing a lot, in an "of course Wilson throws a pick in the redzone" way.

Wilson missing a wide open Hamler and instead throwing it into tight coverage by Gilmore to end the game was just tragic. There's a difference missing a guy who gets open after you look his way and never glancing that way despite knowing you had a WR lined up there. It was like he's a rookie.

Over the moon with that Giants win on Sunday.  I thought there was a non-zero chance they'd go 4-13 just as they did last year, and would've been OK with it provided the players fought hard for Daboll as that would be a sign they've got the right coaching finally in place for the rebuild.  Now they're 4-1.  Not getting my hopes up on a playoff berth or anything but if they play like they did Sunday, they do have some winnable games yet in the season.

Regardless, I think it feels clear Daboll/Wink/Kafka is a good combination for this group.  Unless Wink gets a head coaching gig finally, I'll be happy to see this trio oversee the rebuild.

They might actually play their way out of first round QB territory, in which case maybe Jones actually gets some form of extension.  Never thought I'd say that a month ago.  Not a crazy QB contract, but a reasonable 2-year deal maybe. 

• Like 1

In my league I've been in for what is now the 11th season, I had the 9th pick and went into the draft assuming the top 5 RB (Taylor, CMC, Ekeler, Henry, Cook) and top 3 WR (Kupp, Jefferson, Chase) would be gone.  And that's precisely how it shook out.  I always knew it'd be a choice between Najee Harris or Joe Mixon.  I figured Mixon was on a loaded offense, Harris on the other hand would be the featured guy on a bad team and they'd just feed him the ball.

Now 5 weeks in, Najee is generally considered a fringe flex play at best, and we don't even have a flex in this league so I actually had him benched this week.  Completely torpedoed my team, 1-4 start and now Davante (2nd round pick) staring down a suspension.

Meanwhile the commissioner who has won 3 of the last 4 titles is 5-0, has Kupp, Swift, and Josh Allen and it feels like you just have to cross your fingers and hope those guys have bad luck one week in the playoffs.  Bleh.

1 hour ago, Jacob deBusch said:

In my league I've been in for what is now the 11th season, I had the 9th pick and went into the draft assuming the top 5 RB (Taylor, CMC, Ekeler, Henry, Cook) and top 3 WR (Kupp, Jefferson, Chase) would be gone.  And that's precisely how it shook out.  I always knew it'd be a choice between Najee Harris or Joe Mixon.  I figured Mixon was on a loaded offense, Harris on the other hand would be the featured guy on a bad team and they'd just feed him the ball.

Now 5 weeks in, Najee is generally considered a fringe flex play at best, and we don't even have a flex in this league so I actually had him benched this week.  Completely torpedoed my team, 1-4 start and now Davante (2nd round pick) staring down a suspension.

Meanwhile the commissioner who has won 3 of the last 4 titles is 5-0, has Kupp, Swift, and Josh Allen and it feels like you just have to cross your fingers and hope those guys have bad luck one week in the playoffs.  Bleh.

Well at least you didn't spend a 1st round pick in a dynasty league on Najee.