NFL 2022

Lineker

Amazing to think of how happy the fanbase was with that signing, myself included admittedly.  They needed a big-bodied receiver who was great at catching contested balls.

I honestly figured if the signing would bust, it'd be because he hurt himself again.  I can't even hold 2021 fully against him because Garrett's scheme was a joke and by the end they were left with Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm throwing the ball.

But I never could've fathomed the signing was gonna be this big of a disaster.  And they can't even cut him because they'd actually lose so much cap space they wouldn't be able to afford to operate this year.

• Sad 1

And it's been confirmed that Sterling Shepard has torn his ACL.  Worked so hard to come back from a torn Achilles last year and now this.  His career is probably over at this point.

Not sure how many more non-contact knee injuries have to happen at MetLife before the NFLPA launches an investigation on the horrible turf they use.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jacob deBusch said:

And it's been confirmed that Sterling Shepard has torn his ACL.  Worked so hard to come back from a torn Achilles last year and now this.  His career is probably over at this point.

Not sure how many more non-contact knee injuries have to happen at MetLife before the NFLPA launches an investigation on the horrible turf they use.

Ju'wuan James tore his Achilles there in week 1 planting while blocking too. Definitely an extremely sketchy surface.

I watched the game last night (most of it anyway) and I can't really say that Daniel Jones played bad @Jacob deBusch I mean he has had long enough to show if he's next level, but I thought he played good last night especially in light of him having to run for his life like a record amount of times, getting sacked a ton, and his receivers dropping a ton of balls. That one interception came when his own receiver slipped and diggs made an insane play on the ball. The amount of receivers slipping to was another issue. The fact that he kept them in the game and had a chance to drive down to tie or win I think says a lot about him. Golladay said he let him down, other players were saying similar things. 

Lots of other worse QBs starting out there right now than him it feels like. 

38 minutes ago, Krabby said:

but I thought he played good last night especially in light of him having to run for his life like a record amount of times, getting sacked a ton

This is the part that alarms me.  The offensive line has been a black mark for this organization pretty much since their last Super Bowl.  Multiple regimes have gotten it wrong with largely terrible drafting.  The one exception to this is Andrew Thomas, who after struggling in the first half of his rookie year actually looks like a legit franchise left tackle.  Somehow this might be the one Gettleman pick worth keeping long-term.

But the rest of the line?  It's all Joe Schoen.  LG Ben Bredeson was a Gettleman pickup but that's only because the rookie the Giants drafted this year hasn't played well enough to earn a starting spot.  Schoen and Daboll had familiarity with Felciano in Buffalo but he's not looked good.  Glowinski was praised as a signing who on paper should've been their best RG in years and he looks like he's now completely washed at 30 years old.

And then you have Evan Neal who just looks...oof.  Not gonna go crazy about him after 3 games given Thomas also struggled initially but Neal's looked a lot worse than Thomas ever did.  Guys are just running around him and making it look effortless.  Could it be that his sheer mammoth size is making it tough to adjust to NFL speed?  Hopefully he figures it out.

2022 was always gonna be a tough year for the Giants record-wise but priority #1 to even attempt to rebuild this franchise was to get a competent OL in place.  If this group looks bad all year my faith in Schoen will drop pretty fast.

• Thanks 1