NFL 2022

Lineker

I’m going to guess the Bengals will win next week, but if they don’t, that is an insanely bad way to kick off the season for a team that made the Super Bowl, and then seemingly improved on paper.

If they follow losses to the Mitch Trubisky led Steelers, and the Cooper Rush led Cowboys with a loss to the 2022 Joe Flacco led Jets?  Definitely time to panic.

On 18/09/2022 at 15:43, Maxx said:

Well that’s the end for me in the Guillotine league I’m in, Lance injury all but guarantees I’ll be the low score this week.

Fun league type, may try to run one next year.

Somehow thanks to Kirk Cousins and Dalvin Cook having absolutely putrid nights, I manage to survive another week!

I don't know what ESPN were thinking last night. Firstly if you do a double-header why are you picking two home games from the east coast that have to be played at the same time, and secondly, why are you putting the score of the other game on the screen all night to ruin it for anyone wanting to watch the second game afterwards?

• Like 1

Yesterday the Giants didn’t practice, so the injury report had to be released as a projection.  Kadarius Toney was listed as a DNP rather than limited as he was the day before.  It’s the first instance any of the writers can remember of a player’s status being downgraded on a projection alone.

And sure enough, today he isn’t practicing and he’s likely to be ruled out for Monday.  So he actually managed to hurt himself again, this time on his day off.

If the best ability is availability it’s tough to not view him as anything more than a soft, injury-prone bust.