NFL 2022

Lineker

30 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Eagles also likely getting a decent pack and, obviously, making the playoffs.

Which is just wild - they passed on Olave with that trade, still got AJ Brown, and then a boatload of picks to boot. If the Saints hit the skids even harder, that trade will keep looking like money

55 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Which is just wild - they passed on Olave with that trade, still got AJ Brown, and then a boatload of picks to boot. If the Saints hit the skids even harder, that trade will keep looking like money

For what it's worth Olave does look worth the price NO paid. Their defense is too good for them to be there for one of the QBs this year. A win-win trade.

• Like 1

I can't speak for SF because we've barely seen Lance but players 4-13 in the 2021 NFL Draft all feel like Pro Bowlers and multiple already like potential HOFers. It's one of the greatest stretches of players we've ever seen and the Jets passed on all of them for a QB they've already benched.

• Like 1

The 2021 Draft will always annoy me.  I wanted nothing to do with Micah Parsons all because the Penn State portion of the Giants fanbase is so annoying, I kinda default to assuming they'll end up being overhyped busts.  And obviously, he's now looking like he'll easily be a gold jacket player on a division rival.

Also when Dallas was on the clock at #10 I was ready to run out and buy a DeVonta Smith Giants jersey, never thought Dallas would actually trade down with a division rival, allowing the Eagles to snipe Smith from the Giants.  Saddling us with Kadarius Toney who ended up an enormous bust.

The only thing keeping it from being a total loss is getting a 1st rounder from the Bears, allowing the Giants to take Thibodeaux and Neal this year.  But even then, Neal's already hurt and underperformed.  Could well turn out that the Giants would've been better off staying at #11 and taking Slater.

Ravens wound up with Bateman (the guy we all wanted) and Oweh in that draft. When not hurt Bateman has been good but Oweh looks awwwwfffulllll. Pretty clear how success at Penn State was completely due to Parsons, who already looks generational.

At least the Ravens have managed to turn the 2020 bust - Patrick Queen - into a good player. So maybe next year Oweh makes a leap.

The thing that stings is Rousseau went to Buffalo one spot ahead of Oweh, and everyone here assumes that the Oweh pick was an "oh shit" reaction for losing out on all their guy(s). Taking a low floor but high ceiling project.

Oof Detroit deserves to lose for wearing their awful all gray uniforms today

27 minutes ago, Jacob deBusch said:

Also when Dallas was on the clock at #10 I was ready to run out and buy a DeVonta Smith Giants jersey, never thought Dallas would actually trade down with a division rival, allowing the Eagles to snipe Smith from the Giants.  Saddling us with Kadarius Toney who ended up an enormous bust.

:lol: This was funny when it happened and even more hilarious now