Formula One 2023

Lineker

It's taken a while, but with those changes I'm now all but on board with the sprint races.

I'd still like qualifying to be on at a time I could watch it, and I'd like a separate sprint championship so that a world championship isn't affected by them, but having this level of independence is enough to get rid of my main issues.

The decision-making has got to become more standardised. In Australia there was a bit of gravel on the track and it caused a red flag, now we have a tyre sitting in the middle of the track and it gets a VSC.

Granted  the VSC is a better option if it's safe, it's just baffling to have such different decisions in back-to-back races.

Meanwhile Max needs to shut up and stop moaning.

What a bore that was, only made slightly interesting by the insanity in the pit lane with Red Bull mechanics and photographers flooding the pit lane before the race was over, with Ocon trying to pit and having to avoid them to prevent a fatality.

Oh, and Checo winning was nice I suppose. Street Fighter indeed.

• Like 1

Yeah, I look forward to Baku each season, but this was a snooze, made only better by Perez winning over Max.

That pitlane scenario was terrifying. On one hand, the crew should stay off pitlane, and on the other, I can't fault them for not realizing Ocon was pitting on the last stinking lap. Kudos to him for tire management, though. 

As with last year the Miami GP has bizarre start times, so to save you the trouble: Qualifying is 21:00 BST tomorrow, the race is 20:30 BST on Sunday. Still no idea why it's a half-past start again.

Stroll out in Q1 (and not even close), Hamilton only 13th in Q2. Russell's lucky to be in as well, if Hulk had managed to get round fast enough to get another lap in then he would have likely gone faster.

Quite nice to see so many empty seats, hopefully this will make the organisers notice how they're robbing people blind with tickets that are three times more expensive than Australia for 75% less content (no F2, F3 or Supercars).

I mean Max still finishes second I imagine but Perez should have enough buffer to build up an adequate lead if he doesn’t get shafted by a safety car or red flag.

3 minutes ago, Twist said:

I mean Max still finishes second I imagine but Perez should have enough buffer to build up an adequate lead if he doesn’t get shafted by a safety car or red flag.

Or, let's face it, his own team making a "strategy decision" which "accidentally" leaves Max ahead after a pit stop.

If I ever make it to 83, I want to be like Jackie Stewart, going under a security barrier, running through a hoard of security, ignoring each and every one of them, just to go and fetch Roger Federer for a thirty second interview with Martin Brundle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2