Formula One 2023

Lineker

Whoever decided to put Alonso back out on dry tyres has fucked him. That includes himself if he chose it.

And it's another reminder of how bad Stroll is. Imagine if Aston Martin had a decent second driver who doesn't drive Monaco like I do in F1 games - using the barrier and other cars as brakes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Max on the pole is the status quo, but at least it was in exciting fashion. I don't mind if he even wins tomorrow, as long as it's close and we get some excitement. Him running away and winning by 15+ secs is when it's easy to tune out.

😕

At least it rained a bit so it wasn't as God awful as I feared it might be. Still, top 3 qualifying, top 3 race.

Damon Hill has pointed out on Twitter that the last time someone overtook another driver to lead the Monaco GP on the track and not the pits was Hill himself overtaking Jean Alesi. In 1996.

Lol, Ferrari.

If you ignore the ridiculous gap at the front, the grid has shaped up pretty nicely. With that, the Mercedes collision, Gasly's mobile chicanery, the sudden McLaren resurgence and the red flag thrown seemingly because the track was a bit slippy, it was an entertaining qualifying.

Not exactly an enthralling race, but at least there was quite a bit of overtaking. I feel sorry for Lando but I don't think the incident was anyone's fault, just a lack of room.

George thinking it was raining because he had sweat in his visor was hilarious.

• Like 1

A shame about South Africa, but with the current scheduling crunch as well as F1M finally putting in efforts to lower the amount of general travel going on, it was always going to be a race completely out of the way of the rest of the calendar.

I'm still baffled why the Belgian Grand Prix is the one constantly being floated as the one to drop. Zaandvort has far worse facilities, is a far worse track, and attracts the exact same fans as Spa. Plus Max is more Belgian than he is Dutch.

• Like 1

Same reason any track makes it / doesn't make it onto the calendar. Money.

• Like 1