2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

The Timberwolves did a thing and actually drafted someone. Crazy days. Miller looks like a bit of a steal as well.

Please allow me the opportunity for my yearly rant about how the NBA draft looks so amateurish when the players are picking up caps and being drafted to teams who have already traded the pick to someone else. It's so confusing to everyone, most of all the players, so just get the trades fast-tracked and make it correct. If the NFL can do it on a much larger scale I don't know why the NBA can't.

Also, you have 60 picks to do in 4 hours. There is is no excuse for anyone to be drafted during an ad break.

• Like 1

So we ended up taking one of the twins, but I'm actually glad it's the twin with a better jump shot. I wanted Hendricks but I can understand if you want to swing for the fences with Thompson due to his athleticism. 

Still, a line up of Duran, Hendricks, Bojan, Ivey, and Cunningham would have been nice. Oh well. 

I liked the Marcus Sasser pick. There was some criticism or low draft grades with it, but the dude looks like a dog to me. Very good spot up shooter, good three point shooter, and a bulldog on defense. We need every bit of that, even if dude is only 6'1 or so he can still make an impact from the bench. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

How on Earth did John Collins' stock fall so far that he gets traded for the hollowed out cask of Rudy Gay AND a pick?

I feel like I read that ATL'S ownership is pinching pennies lately. Especially after not trying to keep Hueter last offseason.

If not, you'd got to imagine the worst case scenario was getting atleast a low level first rounder and a decent bench player. They must've just wanted to shed the deal and not get much back in return. So they nailed it. 

Been seeing a lot of Hawks fans saying that Collins shooting dropped off so much after breaking his finger, that he isn't the same player he was a few years ago. Rather that's true or not, I have no idea. I just know he's not Rudy Gay and that makes me happy.

Ah man, Nets traded Joe Harris to Detroit in what was basically a cap dump.

He was one of the first who came over to turn the team around when Sean Marks came in, but ever since he screwed up his ankle he hasn't really been the same - sucks to see him go.

I wonder how we're going to play this off-season because it seems like we're clearing up the books for another big move or just freeing up to pay Cam Johnson's new deal.

Well there you go, Nets kept Cam Johnson 4yr/108m

This is the most boring start to a free agency is years. Biggest move is Bruce Brown to the Pacers or Gabe Vincent to the Lakers. Seems like everybody else just stayed.

Oh, and Joe Ingles to the Magic, which I don't get if he wants to win a title.