NFL 2023

Lineker

33 minutes ago, JasonM said:

Lamar with 2TD's on 230+ passing yards with game left to play. So this is what he can do with a good receiver crew and a new OC.

It was astoundingly frustrating too. Felt like he could've done so much more, missed a few clear deep shots.

Overall it's going to be really interesting to see what this team can do as they gel under Monken's offense.

Would the NY endorsement money be too much for Caleb Williams to pass up even if the team is a complete dumpster fire?  Because that situation is very much looking like it’s in play right now.

The Giants are an absolutely horrendous football team.  I’ve never seen a season with expectations get turned on its head so swiftly.  It’s not even just the box score, anyone watching this game with their own eyes can see they’re getting bullied on nearly every snap.

Kayvon Thibodeux is getting pushed back with ease by tight ends.  Dude was the #5 pick of the draft a year ago.  Zero pass rush at all.

Would have liked to see more TDs today but Dallas has this game well in hand.  Jets fans thinking their defense can lead them to the playoffs are going to be in for a rude awakening 

1 hour ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Would the NY endorsement money be too much for Caleb Williams to pass up even if the team is a complete dumpster fire?  Because that situation is very much looking like it’s in play right now.

The Giants are an absolutely horrendous football team.  I’ve never seen a season with expectations get turned on its head so swiftly.  It’s not even just the box score, anyone watching this game with their own eyes can see they’re getting bullied on nearly every snap.

Kayvon Thibodeux is getting pushed back with ease by tight ends.  Dude was the #5 pick of the draft a year ago.  Zero pass rush at all.

This has aged well

• Haha 2

Glad to see Zach Wilson picked up where he left off.

There are going to be games where people say "Rogers would've won that" but this game isn't one of them

• Like 1

Yeah no way they should've overturned that. Terrible pass by Mac initially, he could've had Gesicki clear of the marker if he put a bit more on the throw. But great play by Gesicki after and I don't see how Strange was short.

Also, fun day for betting. KC -3 was the easiest money I've made in my life. And mad respect for McVay for kicking the meaningless FG at the end to cover - a true hero. Good teams win, great teams cover.

I guess the Bengals strike me as the most surprising 0-2 team so far but not that surprising.  They started 0-2 last year as well, they got two tough divisional games right out of the jump and the offense has mostly looked out of sorts after Burrow was hurt all summer.  I do think if they lose to the Rams on MNF next week then it might be time to panic a bit, as that's a tough division and a tough schedule so they can't afford to fall too far behind.  But it would seem with their personnel they'd right the ship sooner than later.

Watching the game it definitely seems Burrow's still hurt, had a 0.0 rating on balls over 15 yards which could suggest he's having trouble pushing off his leg for the deep throw.  Did seem like they eventually realized they should stop forcing home run balls to Chase and had some more success working it to Higgins on shorter throws.  With that said, Chase is one of the best WRs in the league so you'd think Zac Taylor should be able to figure another way to scheme him open without it always having to be a home run throw.

The Ravens have basically built their entire defense around not letting guys like Chase beat them. It's a bad matchup for Cincy and when Lamar's been healthy it's almost always gone the Ravens way for a reason. Hell, Tyler Huntley came an absolutely boneheaded decision from beating them in the playoffs. 

Burrow is still hurt though and he might not get better if he keeps playing as those injuries can linger week-to-week.

One thing that is odd with Cincy is that the coordinators have all been the same for a number of years now, and there's something to be said for stale playcalling and play design. It was 100% a problem with the Ravens in the last year of Martindale and last 2 years of Roman. Potentially a subject to watch this year.