NFL 2023

Lineker

14 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Tim Boyle is fucking awful. He was awful in Detroit, atleast Zach Wilson has very very brief periods of sort oif competent gamer ability. Boyle is the literal drizzling shits all of the time. 

His college TD/INT ratio was 12/26, it's a wonder this guy has ever played in the NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’d wager Boyle has a future in coaching.  Plenty of shitty backup/third string QBs only stick around as long as they do because they’re viewed as smart guys to mentor young players and run a scout team.  But to bench Wilson for a guy who is clearly worse is impressive.

Allen Lazard was a healthy scratch today.  Has done pretty much nothing after inking a $40 million deal.  The Jets had a terrible free agency and yet ownership might give Joe Douglas a pass for it because Rodgers wasn’t there to throw to the guys he wanted.

10 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

I’d wager Boyle has a future in coaching.  Plenty of shitty backup/third string QBs only stick around as long as they do because they’re viewed as smart guys to mentor young players and run a scout team.  But to bench Wilson for a guy who is clearly worse is impressive.

Allen Lazard was a healthy scratch today.  Has done pretty much nothing after inking a $40 million deal.  The Jets had a terrible free agency and yet ownership might give Joe Douglas a pass for it because Rodgers wasn’t there to throw to the guys he wanted.

His handpicked OC has been running one of the worst offenses in the history of the league. As bad as some of the players have been, that can't all be on them. Hackett is horrendous. Rodgers just likes him because he can do his own thing I suspect.

• Like 2

I feel Lazard deserves a fair shake with a QB that can go past his first receiver read.

Cobb has been cooked since he was in Dallas.  It’s crazy he’s even still playing.  Hackett has proven time and time again that he has no business calling an NFL offense without Aaron Rodgers there to make it work.

6 hours ago, Lint said:

People are trying to pin the blame on Rodgers for this, but he's just an egotistical player. The Jets are an NFL franchise that could've told Rodgers any number of things and instead gave him the world. They absolutely need to dig in and tell him that his guys are gone.

3 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Things are so bad for the Jets that Lineker is using all of his clout to show their incompetence to the nation on Breakfast. Didn't expect an interception being returned for a touchdown to be deemed that newsworthy but here we are!

It's quite newsworthy because of how and when it happened. Not sure how well that context translates to the average person watching the BBC though.

With his college stats, I'm still trying to figure out how Boyle got in the NFL in the first place. Or why other teams after the Packers even gave him a shot. With his stats, he shouldn't even be holding the ball for extra points, let alone throwing it.

And Hackett needs to be fired ASAP.

Edited by GhostMachine

I was wondering who the hell Tim Boyle is, because surely this guy can't have been THAT bad if he gotten himself onto NFL rosters for the past six years.

It's worse, it's much much worse. The dude has a career QBR of 60.3 in the NCAA, and that is with a rating system that isn't limited and structured for respectable QBs to hit up to 100, and I am pretty sure there's no other QB in the NFL right now that had less than 150QBR across their college careers.

College level Tim Boyle was a generational talent, generationally poor.

He must have the best agents in the fucking universe to have gotten six years worth of NFL minimums in the bank.

Belichick coached this game like someone who worked things out with Kraft and decided he’d do his part in embracing the tank.

The Giants’ chances at getting Maye or Caleb without a trade are dead now but I’m not that bummed about it.  Plenty of really good prospects in the top 10.  Give me Marvin or an OL + a late 1st round Jayden Daniels trade up and I’m just as happy.

"Kenny Pickett, Steelers erupt on offense after Matt Canada's firing to get past Bengals"

Sure is a funny way of saying they played a relatively average game and scored 16 points in a win over a team without starting QB Joe Burrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2