NFL 2023

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Dre Greenlaw ejected from the 49ers/Eagles game after Philly's head of security pushed him on the sideline. 

Just gonna leave out that Greenlaw hit him?  THat'll get an ejection every time

20 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Eagles player hit one of the 49ers players during a skirmish after an extra point and didn't get ejected, so I guess it's not every time.

Its because he hit another player.  The 49ers player hit sideline staff.  No different then this

29 minutes ago, Lint said:

Its because he hit another player.  The 49ers player hit sideline staff.  No different then this

Video is unavailable. What is it?

Greenlaw didn't really look like a punch to me but he should have been a lot smarter then to get his hands anywhere here the staff. I don't think he should have been thrown out, but after thinking about it and watching the replay a few times, I can't fault the referees for doing it.

1 hour ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Mike Evans has hit 1,000 yards for the 10th straight season to start his career.  Only the 3rd WR to ever do that.

He’s generally a quiet player as opposed to some of the bombastic WR personalities out there, so it’s easy to overlook the fact that the dude has built a HOF resume.

Weird career for him. Never the top dog WR but he's always been in that group right below. Lot like Torry Holt who also felt overshadowed despite 8 straight 1100+ yard seasons.

Also, great weekend for the Ravens and we didn't even play.

• Like 1

I mean this whole Jets situation is a hilarious shitshow anyway.  But on top of all of that, I don't even know how it's the player's decision in this case.  If you're healthy and the coach tells you to play, you play.  It's not really meant to be a choice.

Yet this being the Jets, I love that Zach Wilson is apparently allowed to just say "nah" and get paid to not play.

If he doesn't want to play, then they should cut him.  Simple as that, he has no business being in the NFL if he isn't willing to step into a starting role when called.  If its been so bad for him that he's now reluctant to do that, then it's time to get rid of him.

I'd guess the Jets know they're moving on from Wilson after this year and realize that benching the former #2 pick for QBs that are somehow even worse wasn't the best idea....so that's why they're giving him the "freedom" to decline a starting assignment but it just seems really odd and like it's not really the best idea for Wilson to decline.

Usually these high round QBs end up going elsewhere as a team tries to see if there's any hope of them being a serviceable backup but if the dude's gonna refuse to play why would I want him?

Do you blame him with how poor the team is playing and how much crap he was getting from the media? He knows its a no win situation. They either keep playing the way they have been, and he gets shit on. Or, he manages to win a few games, and all he hears about is Rodgers coming back next year.