NFL 2023

Lineker

1 minute ago, LL! said:

We may be watching Bill Belichick's final quarter with the Patriots. 

This is the way the Belichick Patriots ends, not with a bang, but a whimper. 

Belichick is a known football historian so I think him paying tribute to the 1920s NFL is beautiful and touching.

• Haha 3

And the Jaguars season ends on an absolutely terribly thrown ball.

The 7 AFC playoff teams are now known.  Lot of the intrigue of the night game is now gone.  Hilariously, if the Dolphins beat the Bills they just have to play them again next week with even more pressure on them.

Browns/Texans is locked in for the first round of the playoffs and will almost surely be the early Saturday game.

It won’t happen but I’d love to see Belichick just retire and go into media.

Take away the grumpy coach persona, he’s absolutely fascinating to listen to whenever he’s on an NFL Network show just talking football. Encyclopedic knowledge of the sport.

• Like 1

The Bucs are the only NFC team to make the playoffs the past four consecutive seasons o_O . 

What a franchise.

I didn't see the TD in question so I mean maybe there was a reason for it? But sportsmanship should count for something. You already gave them a beat down.

Was kinda funny though seeing the Atlanta coach say "That's fucking bullshit!" and then the NO Coach just says "I understand that" :lol: 

• Haha 1

Eh, it's pro ball, if you don't want them to run up the score, play better. Especially rivals. Saints and Falcons are each other's main rivals, I hope we run the score up on Denver like the Saints did to them.

In HS and college, where the talent disparity can be massive, it can be a dick move, but everyone here is getting paid, so skill issue, get gud.

Edit: Arthur Smith is also just mad because he's a terrible coach who, if the Falcons are smart, won't have a job next year.

Edited by DMN in the House
  • Like 3

When the Jags were 8-3, statistical models gave them a 99% chance of getting a playoff spot.

Truly remarkable.  It’s probably good that I don’t own an NFL team because while I think Pederson is a good coach but something like this would have me clearing the whole organization out in a rage.

AJB down and it looks like someone else getting added to ShitLife Stadiums bodycount

11 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

When the Jags were 8-3, statistical models gave them a 99% chance of getting a playoff spot.

Truly remarkable.  It’s probably good that I don’t own an NFL team because while I think Pederson is a good coach but something like this would have me clearing the whole organization out in a rage.

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Personally, I blame Tony Khan.

37 minutes ago, DMN in the House said:

Eh, it's pro ball, if you don't want them to run up the score, play better. Especially rivals. Saints and Falcons are each other's main rivals, I hope we run the score up on Denver like the Saints did to them.

In HS and college, where the talent disparity can be massive, it can be a dick move, but everyone here is getting paid, so skill issue, get gud.

Edit: Arthur Smith is also just mad because he's a terrible coach who, if the Falcons are smart, won't have a job next year.

Agreed, also seen too many blown leads for the Lions that I'm out for blood until the clock strikes 0.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

LaPorta down.

If he’s out next week, Campbell is gonna come under a lot of fire for playing his starters in this game.  The chances of getting the #2 seed were extremely small.

The Eagles should have to forfeit their playoff spot. Right now, the Panthers are probably the only team that wouldn't walk into the Linc and win. They are truly that terrible. 

No issue at all with scoring as many TDs as you want to, firstly if you want to avoid it, stop them, and secondly there are players getting paid or even contracts based on statistics, and losing out on a bonus because you didn't score a touchdown when you were told not to score because it might upset the other team is bullshit.

Anyway, playoffs for the Steelers! Possibly the most undeserving 10-7 team with a 5-1 divisional record in history, but they all count.