Formula One 2024

Lineker

This Christian Horner thing makes you realise how compromised these “independent” YouTubers are and how it can never compete with real journalism.

This is the story right now but because these YouTubers etc are not paid a wage by a publication or a broadcaster but instead rely on cushy team partnerships and so on they are just acting like it’s not happening.

I mean, I understand these people need to make a living and you’re not going to do that if you piss off Red Bull, but it is lacking in integrity and journalistic rigour a little bit.

The drama at RB was something worth watching at least. It continued on the cooldown lap as well with Yuki divebombing Danny Ric at turn 1.

Meanwhile, Alpine's Technical Director and Head of Aero have already tendered their resignation.

• Haha 2

Next up on the "thank God the off-track stuff is so crazy so nobody notices how boring the races are" train is this:

Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA president allegedly told officials not to certify Las Vegas GP

There's no reason given as to why he would demand a circuit to found not safe to hold a race, but I think we're past the point of sense being a requirement.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I wonder if all of this might intensify talk of F1 trying to break away from the FIA again. Hasn't been too many years since that was mooted regularly.

I could see Liberty Media being the source of these stories against MBS.