The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

It's not a common  use case so I may not be 100% on this - but I believe the idea would be that if this person leaves their account on the system and doesn't give you the password for it - the games will be there but you won't be able to use them unless it's set as the 'Home' account which it probably is. You'd lose them if that person were to go in and revoke access to that console which can be easily done from the website.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Now for that to happen I'm not sure what the best course of action would be - leave their account on their and have it auto-sign in or work off a passcode that isn't the accounts password per say? If they ever changed the account password I assume that would cause the autosign in or passcode to stop working regardless of whatever you set up. Best case scenario is that they don't use the Microsoft account for anything else and it isn't tied to anything else, so they can just give it to you and you can go in and change the passwords to make sure that it's technically 'yours'.

If theirs is left on the console and you make your own to make purchases, etc - as the site states, only one console can be the 'Home' at a time so in the instance where you get locked out because they still have control of the initial account - you'd probably just have to do a full wipe of the system, re-sign in and then make that your home console now.

• Like 1

So that means that when i set my own account as the home account, it locks me out of the games on the former owner's account. Unless i use said gamertag directly to access the games?

Thats a bit of a shame, but at least i know what i can expect now. And perhaps I can try to haggle a little with that knowledge. Thanks for the help Apsham!

Edited by Jasonmufc

Left 4 Dead 2 demo is out is on sale again as part of the BC sale, £3.74. We totally need to make that a thing.

I'm gonna get Portal 2 (amongst other things) as well if anyone else has that?

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's EA Access-like scheme in which a vault of games can be played for a monthly fee, has launched today. Xbox Live Gold members get a 14-day trial, which should be long enough to complete a game or two for free.

16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's EA Access-like scheme in which a vault of games can be played for a monthly fee, has launched today. Xbox Live Gold members get a 14-day trial, which should be long enough to complete a game or two for free.

Thanks for the notification, time to play some stuff to bits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe we should try Runbow sometime from June's games? Seems like it could be some multi fun in that sort of Speed Runners, Raskulls type platformy/race way.

Or hell, just Speedrunners. Though, that only goes up to like 4 people and Runbow does 9?

• 4 weeks later...

As at E3, MS is doing the Mixer giveaway business again for their Gamescomm stream. Apparently only unspecified DLC this time but might be worth doing for the sake of just having a stream on in the background?

https://mixer.com/xbox

Think the show starts in about 1 hr 40 mins.