The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

In seriousness, I really don't care what it looks like or what its name is. The original Xbox was a big, black crate, and I quite liked that. Backwards compatibility with both Xbox One games and controllers, as well as the Game Pass factor, make this new console potentially an attractive purchase. As always, of course, the price will be the most important part of the puzzle.

• 2 weeks later...

3 months of Gold is currently £6.99 on the Microsoft store. I don't get a massive amount of use out of my Xbox, but I think I might stack a few of those and add the £1 Ultimate deal on top to give me a good amount of time to try some new games out for next to nothing. 

I've had Gold before and it popped up as £6.99 for me via this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-live-gold/cfq7ttc0k5dj?activetab=pivot%3agamesanddealstab

Ended up getting that and the 3 months of Ultimate for a quid, so £8 in total to take me through til the end of June with Gold/Ultimate bundled.

EDIT: Even after subscribing to the Gold for 3 months, it's letting me buy more at that price, so you can get 12 months of Gold for £28 when bought as 4 separate purchases.

• Like 1

Why are digital games so expensive? Wanted to pick up WWE 2k19, since it appears to be the best rated wrestling game on the One, and I figured it would be cheaper since 2k20 is out. But it's still $59.99?

The standard pricing of most games is higher than you'd find in shops but there are usually some really good digital sales.

The fact digital games can be shared between accounts means people can split the cost of a game and both own it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Microsoft has announced that developers can opt into a service that makes games available on a cross-buy basis between Xbox One and Xbox Series X. One such game will be Cyberpunk 2077, meaning that anyone who buys it on Xbox One will get a Series X version of the game as well.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Microsoft has announced that developers can opt into a service that makes games available on a cross-buy basis between Xbox One and Xbox Series X. One such game will be Cyberpunk 2077, meaning that anyone who buys it on Xbox One will get a Series X version of the game as well.

This makes me so happy. Glad I am getting it on Xbox. 

• 1 month later...