The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I'm playing through Brotherhood at the moment, I prefer it to number 2. Some useful improvements, whilst I have Revelations, I don't think I'll have finished Brotherhood in time :(

Decided to dig out Lost Odyssey again and give it a second whirl (I enjoyed it first time I played, but got sidetracked by another game). Picked up from where I left off, and it's just as fun as I remember. Interesting gameplay dynamics and characters, and I love the Thousand Years of Dreams stories. Suspension of disbelief is blatantly needed for some of the characters' actions, but nothing too major.

Been playing the demo for Sniper Elite v2 lately, and was wondering if anyone had picked up the full game and thought it was worth a buy? I enjoy the demo, but I don't want to get the game just yet if the single player is incredibly short and the multiplayer is nothing to write home about.

Mack and Cooke in Lost Odyssey are outstandingly touching and funny. The game is worth playing the first disc for just for their story (so far).

Man, their story in the first disk is so depressing :(

Lost Odyssey is one of the games I picked up cheap caus why not. One day I will play it, one day...

Only trouble with that is, you know when you pick up a pre-owned game and they look like the previous owner has been using the disc as a frisbee and something to scratch their compass on and you think 'I hope this still works.'

That isn't so great when it's x4.

Mack and Cooke in Lost Odyssey are outstandingly touching and funny. The game is worth playing the first disc for just for their story (so far).

Yet the characters are still wonderfully amusing. Great writing.

Been playing the demo for Sniper Elite v2 lately, and was wondering if anyone had picked up the full game and thought it was worth a buy? I enjoy the demo, but I don't want to get the game just yet if the single player is incredibly short and the multiplayer is nothing to write home about.

I haven't tried any multiplayer, but it's apparently nothing special. But it's a bit daft to be looking for multiplayer in a sniper game. I've really enjoyed the single play, but you have to play it properly. It's a not a standard run of the mill run and gun CoD clone. You need to be really patient and pick your spots and be careful of leaving too many bodies lying around.

Yet the characters are still wonderfully amusing. Great writing.

Very true! It's a shame I got stuck on the 4th disk and never went back to it.

I haven't tried any multiplayer, but it's apparently nothing special. But it's a bit daft to be looking for multiplayer in a sniper game. I've really enjoyed the single play, but you have to play it properly. It's a not a standard run of the mill run and gun CoD clone. You need to be really patient and pick your spots and be careful of leaving too many bodies lying around.

Is it too much wishful thinking that every idiot with 'Sn1p3r' in their name would piss off and play that exclusively so I don't have to see their stupid names?

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't expect the multiplayer to be THAT great, but more something to add to the replay value a bit. I've been iffy about getting it so wanted to see what people on here thought if they've tried it. I keep playing the demo over and over, restarting the mission a few times before shutting it off and being good for a while.

I've more been wanting to get a game as I have no games at the moment (other than Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but no gold at the moment), and want to get something with the credit I have. Been thinking Read Dead Redemption GOTY Edition, and maybe spending one of the 1 month cards I have on it. The new Trials is also one that looks interesting.

Is it too much wishful thinking that every idiot with 'Sn1p3r' in their name would piss off and play that exclusively so I don't have to see their stupid names?

Yes it is, because I doubt any single one of those fucking idiots would appreciate the nuance of actual sniping i.e. correcting for bullet drop, wind. One of the lads at work was boasting how he was no scoping guys on the demo. Me and another guy nearly stuffed him in a bin.

No, I wouldn't expect the multiplayer to be THAT great, but more something to add to the replay value a bit. I've been iffy about getting it so wanted to see what people on here thought if they've tried it. I keep playing the demo over and over, restarting the mission a few times before shutting it off and being good for a while.

I've more been wanting to get a game as I have no games at the moment (other than Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but no gold at the moment), and want to get something with the credit I have. Been thinking Read Dead Redemption GOTY Edition, and maybe spending one of the 1 month cards I have on it. The new Trials is also one that looks interesting.

If you're after something with more multiplayer life, it might be worth hanging on a week for Max Payne. MULTIPLAYER BULLET TIME.

I have a question:

I've just bought the points to download Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony since I'm playing through GTA IV again and never bothered with them, but I only have the free Xbox Live as my gold ran out the other day. Do I need gold to download them or will I be able to do it now with the free live?

I'm almost certain you will be able to download them without having a Gold subscription. Xbox Live Gold gives you access to weekly discount sales and occasionally offers early access to game demos, but standard Xbox Live Marketplace content can be bought no matter which version of Xbox Live you have.

Trials blows my god-damned mind. BUT. BUT BUT BUT.

Some of the custom levels are fucking masterpieces. Then some are INFURIATING. I will say, that some amazing custom levels are completely ruined by infrequent checkpoints. I know I'll sound like a whiny bitch, but it's incredibly frustrating/disheartening to finish an almost-impossible section, and then have to do another without checkpoints for half the level. Some levels you can easily rack a good half of the thirty minute time limit due to shit checkpointing. I know my friend and I have spent thirty minutes in some custom levels just because they're balls-hard, and to top it off, there's no fucking checkpoints anywhere.