The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I'm about to hop on MW3 and try it out if anyone wants to join me.

GT is T MONEY SNIPEZ (lost a bet with my friend, don't judge. :shifty:)

EDIT- Also, the new game maps are FREE to downloadd here.

:lol:

YOU STOP IT! :(

It was either 50 bucks or he got to pick my XBox Live GT for a year. I chose not to pay money, and he made me look like a giant douche online for 12 months. Good times.

Just switched to Disc 4 of Lost Odyssey. Loved it so far. It's not without it's flaws, but the game play is significantly better than any Final Fantasy that I've played since X/X-2. Every character has their advantages and disadvantages, you actually have to engage a brain for tactics, and generally I've found the game to be a lot more interesting in that aspect. The story is a bit hokey, but the characters themselves are terrific, all of them have distinct personalities, and I don't think I dislike any of them (though Ming's ridiculous clothing for a queen comes close).

I wish Mistwalker would hurry up and produce more non-handheld RPGs.

Beyond Good and Evil is one of those that always gets heralded as one of those great games that gamers overlooked when they first came out, so I'm probably going to give that a whirl. Not sure on Outland.

EDIT: Actually, having read up on Outland, it sounds pretty decent, and we can plan to co-op it and then never actually play! Wonderful!

Microsoft and Motorola battle in court.

An administrative law judge has declared that the Xbox 360 should be banned in the US.

The ruling is part of an ongoing patent dispute between Microsoft and Motorola between the 4GB and 250GB S models of the Xbox 360, which saw the device almost banned in Germany earlier this month.

Courthouse News reports that Judge David Shaw also said that the US should prevent sale of the machines with a cease-and-desist order, and that Microsoft should post a bond equal to 7% of the declared value of unsold Xbox inventory already in the country.

I have no idea how much that is, but I bet it's loads.

Microsoft has argued that 7% is too high, instead suggesting it pay 2.5%. Motorola, on the other hand, has said Microsoft should pay 100%. I don't think Motorola really understands how to haggle.

Microsoft also said that Shaw's exclusion order doesn't service the public interest, because consumers would be left with only the PlayStation 3 and Wii for their console gaming needs. Shaw rejected the argument, stating that Sony and Nintendo could probably meet the increased demand.

Shaw determined in April that Microsoft had infringed on four Motorola patents, related to "secure wireless communication and transmission of video content between controller devices and game consoles."

What happens if Shaw's determination and recommendation becomes final? President Barack Obama will have 60 days to review the decision.

Oh dear, someone fucked up baaaaad.

oh, and source

• 2 weeks later...