The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Even in a video game Disney works hard to deny Hidden Mickeys exist.

The ending fights in Kingdom Hearts are so fucking awful. They are throwing so many mechanics at me I've never used before and there is just so much happening at one time. I am seriously overwhelmed and confused and I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm even bothering to do it

7 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I fucking hate the non-Spiderman sneaking missions in Spiderman.

I applaud that they are adding some different things here, but I’m playing Spiderman, I’m not here to push over tool boxes and aimlessly sneak int boxes.

I really enjoyed the Grand Central Station mission. But it did have a good mix to it.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

The ending fights in Kingdom Hearts are so fucking awful. They are throwing so many mechanics at me I've never used before and there is just so much happening at one time. I am seriously overwhelmed and confused and I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm even bothering to do it

When you say "ending fights", are you talking about the end of the game or the boss battles? I have no tips because I haven't played the game, but I'm curious.

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Sadly it's 3 :( I think it's the very last boss so I may just see if I can find the ending video online. This isn't worth the frustration

I always get frustrated in KH games with the final boss. It's so rewarding when you win though.

In 1 and 2, final battles seemed to rely on a good mix of the skills you learn throughout the game. The bad part is that a lot of those skills are things you use once or twice throughout the game, because you don't need to use them really until the end fight. So it's like you have to re-learn all of it again while you're figuring out where you're screwing up.

So I've played 4-5 hours of God of War, and I just can't get in. Am I doing something wrong? Does it get better?

I'm basically at the point where the world opens up, and have played some of the first location, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I'm worried RDR2 has ruined games for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigal said:

So I've played 4-5 hours of God of War, and I just can't get in. Am I doing something wrong? Does it get better?

I'm basically at the point where the world opens up, and have played some of the first location, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I'm worried RDR2 has ruined games for me.

The first hour of God of War is amazing, then it sort of just grinds to a halt until after Alfheim. When it does pick back up, it's phenomenal until the finish. I'd keep on going if you've not reached that bit yet.

Basically if you've not met Mimir yet, keep going.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ollie said:

The first hour of God of War is amazing, then it sort of just grinds to a halt until after Alfheim. When it does pick back up, it's phenomenal until the finish. I'd keep on going if you've not reached that bit yet.

Basically if you've not met Mimir yet, keep going.

I have not - will try to power through.

I second the keep going motion, it does get a little grindy and slow but when I look back on it I excuse it as a story telling method to show you the distance and non-relationship between the two in the slog of everyday life and setting up for things to come but that could be rose tinted glasses on my part as I really enjoyed most of the game. 

Spoiler

I can't figure out how to delete this on my phone and now I feel old. 

Edited by Trey

26 minutes ago, Trey said:

I second the keep going motion, it does get a little grindy and slow but when I look back on it I excuse it as a story telling method to show you the distance and non-relationship between the two in the slog of everyday life and setting up for things to come but that could be rose tinted glasses on my part as I really enjoyed most of the game. 

Reveal hidden contents

I can't figure out how to delete this on my phone and now I feel old. 

Spoiler

There should be a black bar at the bottom of the input box that lets you clear all text? Although it doesn't pop up all the time. I dunno, the board is occasionally a mess on mobile.

Also do you think Bigal thinks we're talking about major God of War spoilers and he's really tempted to click on these? Hahahaha, what a dweeb.

Edited by Ollie