The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

7 hours ago, Bigal said:

So I've played 4-5 hours of God of War, and I just can't get in. Am I doing something wrong? Does it get better?

I'm basically at the point where the world opens up, and have played some of the first location, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I'm worried RDR2 has ruined games for me.

No joke on nothing, but every game I’ve played since Red Dead 2 has been meh. I can’t get into anything. 

• Like 1

I traded God of War in. I struggled to play it consistently enough to remember the various mechanics and control schemes to the point where I just didn't enjoy it.

Was a potentially good game, so may try it again once more when it drops in price.

Got back into Kingdom Hearts (1) after about a year and a half away from it. I instantly remembered why I stopped playing. The Tarzan level is just not fun at all, but I finished it finally.

37 minutes ago, Owen said:

Got back into Kingdom Hearts (1) after about a year and a half away from it. I instantly remembered why I stopped playing. The Tarzan level is just not fun at all, but I finished it finally.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is so clunky compared to the rest, and Tarzan's world sucks. Glad it never returned.

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

No joke on nothing, but every game I’ve played since Red Dead 2 has been meh. I can’t get into anything. 

Oh yeah, Red Dead has ruined me for a lot of things. That said, I’ve delved deep into Hitman/Hitman 2. While it’s clearly not the same, it’s fun for the over-the-top cheese factor and deciding how you’re going to go about objectives.

• Like 1

I play Red Dead Online daily and am still enjoying it. Want more stuff but enjoying it. The only other game I can seem to play besides that is Rocket League because it's one I can throw on and just play. No real thought goes into it, It's all reaction. Barely touched spider-man since the Bomb Side Missions (Because those can still go die) and am yet to start Hitman and the Dishonored series, all because I know I'm just going to think of Red Dead's gameplay.

3 hours ago, Owen said:

What stopped me were the platforming sections. The controls are terribly ill-suited for jumping and the camera is so much of a hindrance that it's too frustrating for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

What stopped me were the platforming sections. The controls are terribly ill-suited for jumping and the camera is so much of a hindrance that it's too frustrating for me.

Absolutely. Jumping on the hippos in the tarzan level was an absolute pain in the ass when it wasn't really supposed to be.

4 hours ago, Rocky 2K19 said:

I play Red Dead Online daily and am still enjoying it. Want more stuff but enjoying it. The only other game I can seem to play besides that is Rocket League because it's one I can throw on and just play. No real thought goes into it, It's all reaction. Barely touched spider-man since the Bomb Side Missions (Because those can still go die) and am yet to start Hitman and the Dishonored series, all because I know I'm just going to think of Red Dead's gameplay.

I tried RDO for a while, but moved on to try other games I bought and hadn’t played. It’s tough to want to go back, because it stopped offering me story missions (even though the story wasn’t done), at least half the other players are purely there to make sure your experience is no fun at all, and literally everyone is better at it than me, so I suck at all competitive modes.

Just now, Josh to the World said:

I tried RDO for a while, but moved on to try other games I bought and hadn’t played. It’s tough to want to go back, because it stopped offering me story missions (even though the story wasn’t done), at least half the other players are purely there to make sure your experience is no fun at all, and literally everyone is better at it than me, so I suck at all competitive modes.

Yeah I don’t play competitive because I suck. With the story missions you need to flip your Honor (positive/negative) opposite of what it is for your last one. 

The posses I’m with are higher ranked so I get carried

To 100% the online story mode, you have to complete both lines. The thing is that they’ve not completed the full storyline. So there are more missions to come at some point (I think the 26th) so we can go through the whole thing.

EDIT: Its just Daily Challenges coming on the 26th... I’m looking forward to it 

Ah. Having not completed the story makes sense. I don’t feel the need to 100% it, I’d just like to regularly have new stuff to do. And more opportunities to level up and make money. Even the gambling isn’t included in the online mode, which makes no sense.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

22 hours ago, Owen said:

Absolutely. Jumping on the hippos in the tarzan level was an absolute pain in the ass when it wasn't really supposed to be.

I think the Little Mermaid level killed the game for me originally. I think I'm actually in the tarzan level right now on my new playthrough but I lent the game to a friend so it'll be awhile before I ever go back to it. I do want to though so that I can eventually play 3.

The new Far Cry is pretty good. It feels like an extension of FC5 which it is and that was a good game.

However, it’s short. Very short...

22 main missions

10 preper stashes

8 side missions which get you the companions (no vehicle ones, 2 animals)

10 Outposts (which can be played 3 times each with increasing hardness)

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

The new Far Cry is pretty good. It feels like an extension of FC5 which it is and that was a good game.

However, it’s short. Very short...

Reveal hidden contents

That's disappointing. Despite being cheaper the launch price is still too high IMO with other big titles being released in the next few months.

I'll get it, but when it's around the £20 mark.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baddar said:

That's disappointing. Despite being cheaper the launch price is still too high IMO with other big titles being released in the next few months.

I'll get it, but when it's around the £20 mark.

I would 100% recommend it as a game to play, but yeah, you’re probably in the right ball park.

I do however now just want games based on top of other games because most games suck.

Gimme RDR2 : The Ballad Of Gavin

• Like 1