The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Walmart's stock drop tonight was gone instantaneously.

But I did get a laugh out of someone on twitter complaining about bots and saying "It seems like Walmart doesn't care who they sell to as long as they get money"

monkey-puppet-omg-shock-gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I ended up getting a disc version from the Walmart drop last night when I couldn't get the digital version but it was gone within the first minute or two also. I got lucky to even get that one. 

• Like 1

It would be great if I could find stock, anywhere, of the PS5 accessories. And no, not the fucking camera or controller that's been in stock forever everywhere. Amazon had the media remote for about 20 minutes but I couldn't sign out of my Amazon app to get into my parents account so I could use their Prime membership. Goddamnit. It's easier to get an Xbox Series X/S than it is getting a goddamn remote or charging dock.

Genuine question, what do you need a media remote for? I know they've sold them for generations and I've never gotten my head round why anyone would spend money on them unless they offer something you can't use the controller for?

1 hour ago, tristy said:

It would be great if I could find stock, anywhere, of the PS5 accessories. And no, not the fucking camera or controller that's been in stock forever everywhere. Amazon had the media remote for about 20 minutes but I couldn't sign out of my Amazon app to get into my parents account so I could use their Prime membership. Goddamnit. It's easier to get an Xbox Series X/S than it is getting a goddamn remote or charging dock.

Walmart has this charging dock appears to be in stock.

It’s the sort of thing your gran buys you for Christmas because it says PlayStation on it and she knows you have one of those.

This is how I have accumulated various accessories like Eyetoy cameras, singstar microphones and guitar hero peripherals (before I even had guitar hero) over the years.

1 minute ago, Kaney said:

Genuine question, what do you need a media remote for? I know they've sold them for generations and I've never gotten my head round why anyone would spend money on them unless they offer something you can't use the controller for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tristy said:

It’s always in the last place you look...for instance, Nebraska Furniture Mart

https://www.nfm.com/sony-playstation-5-media-remote

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

I think the PS5 remote has dedicated buttons for some streaming services. I suppose it's for people who want to save those precious seconds of their day.

Really, the only console a media remote seemed necessary for was the first Xbox, and that was because it came as part of the strange DVD Playback Kit add-on it had.

Between having a Sky remote and an actual TV remote, having another to go alongside a console would be more of an annoyance to me than anything. It's frustrating enough when I need to dig out the TV remote for some of the Smart features because the Sky remote refuses. 😑

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

PS5 sounds really hard. Like the Xbox I just signed in and reinstalled all my stuff super easy. You  guys make it sound like  it's a huge ordeal to get your PS4 stuff over to the 5

It's really not. It took me maybe 40ish minutes to transfer PS4 data to the PS5. All I had to do was have the PS4 turned on and the PS5 did the rest.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

@tristystill looks to be available 

uh I've never heard of this place before.

9 hours ago, Kaney said:

I used to think this but the last little while I've really considered a PS4 remote. I can not sit the damn controller down anywhere without the triggers getting pushed and suddenly my YouTube video is trying to fast forward. That and my controllers could stay on the dock getting their charge until it's time to play instead of running it down the entire time I'm just watching media. 

43 minutes ago, tristy said:

It's really not. It took me maybe 40ish minutes to transfer PS4 data to the PS5. All I had to do was have the PS4 turned on and the PS5 did the rest.

uh I've never heard of this place before.

It’s a chain of gigantic mall sized furniture stores. It’s a legit place if that was your worry.  Hope you can get one from there.  

• Like 1