The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I feel like people have soured on Heavy Rain since then though. Perhaps I was speaking out of turn there, but Cage's comments over the last few years have caused people to seemingly turn on him.

I dunno though, I haven't played the game and probably won't till it gets a price cut, but there just seems to be this trend recently to dismiss anything different as a "gimmick."

Well, it's not really a gimmick, if anything it's a natural evolution of the adventure game genre. But like I said, I've always found those sort of games horribly boring when they're anything other than a comedy. I haven't played Beyond, nor am I fan of Heavy Rain, but when a good majority of the reviews seem just pretty... disappointed, then I think it's safe to say this one might be a miss. Happens to the best of them, though. For every The Dark Knight, there's an Insomnia.

I use a Logitech USB headset that cost $25. Rosewill has a gaming headset for $20. If you mean a bluetooth headset, there are a lot of cheap options that run about $20-$30, which I believe comes out to something like £13-£20.

I haven't double checked if it's definitely EU, but apparently the next lot of PS+ games are Remember Me and Metal Gear Rising.

In other news, Hammy has apparently taken a job at Sony, you can expect Heavy Rain and Pokemon SnapAfrica to make an appearance soon.

• Like 2

Look you lot. Remember Me has GOT to be worth a PS+ download. It told a good story, had some lovely looking levels, was engrossing at times, wacky at others. Yeah there was what we can call a "degree" of repetition with regards to the enemy and fights, but even then some of the moves you unlock are great.

• Like 1

So, I was digging Beyond: Two Souls (or, well, watching Jesse Cox play) up until it started using lame damsel in distress tropes and rape.

For the first few hours of the game Jodie's this strong, ass-kicking woman - an ex-CIA agent - who can hold her own in a fight without having to rely on Aiden. Then in one of the flashbacks, a teenage (15/16) Jodie sneaks out to a bar, and some creeps try to rape her. Then you're forced to use Aiden to scare and eventually murder them, while Jodie curls up on a pool table and cries.

It's just kind of lame that they resorted to the threat of rape and damsel in distress BS, even if it's meant to be a formative experience for Jodie.

Look you lot. Remember Me has GOT to be worth a PS+ download. It told a good story, had some lovely looking levels, was engrossing at times, wacky at others. Yeah there was what we can call a "degree" of repetition with regards to the enemy and fights, but even then some of the moves you unlock are great.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. And if it's anything like the 360 version, it'll a pretty easy platinum for those that care.

Don't care at all about Driveclub, wouldn't have played it anyway.

I ended up switching to the Killzone bundle. I don't really want Killzone, but I need something to play on release day and I wasn't given an option for a Knack bundle.

Don't care at all about Driveclub, wouldn't have played it anyway.

I ended up switching to the Killzone bundle. I don't really want Killzone, but I need something to play on release day and I wasn't given an option for a Knack bundle.

You should play Battlefield 4 with me!