The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I always stuck my own music on PES, because it was fucking awful. That said my own playlists always included PES classics like 'Go For the Goal' and 'Football (Soccer!)'.

Presumably we can still import mp3s from a USB stick?

Will I be able to play MP3s on PS4?

No.

Bizarrely, the PS4 DOES feature custom soundtracks in a way

Will I be able to play background music while I play PS4 games?

Yes, the Music Unlimited streaming service will allow you to listen to music while you play PS4 games. A subscription to Music Unlimited is required. Get full details here.

Will I be able to play MP3s on PS4?

No.

Bizarrely, the PS4 DOES feature custom soundtracks in a way

Will I be able to play background music while I play PS4 games?

Yes, the Music Unlimited streaming service will allow you to listen to music while you play PS4 games. A subscription to Music Unlimited is required. Get full details here.

Not really bizarre, more moneygrabbing. Ah well, not particularly bothered.

It fucking baffles me that Sony doesn't put two and two together and push for some JRPG's for the Vita, or pay for some to be localized. Considering the incredible success of Pokemon, I have no idea why they haven't tried to lock down a console exclusive JRPG to try and compete. God knows Vita owners will buy just about anything at this point so we don't feel like we wasted our money. >_>

Maybe I'm bias, though, seeing as literally all I used my PSP for was old PS1 games like Final Fantasy and Castlevania: SotN. And then Crisis Core, which I totally didn't pirate onto my Go because Sony couldn't be assed to release a digital copy. :shifty:

• Like 1

The thing that's always put me off about Sony and its handhelds, is the focus that they seem to have on giving you a console experience on a handheld.

Motherfucker, I'll just play the console if I want a console experience.

Yeah, Killzone Mercenary is a pretty great example of why that doesn't really work.

It's bizarre to me, because they keep pushing for the console experience, but they never seem to focus on a genre that works for it. I think the only PSP/Vita games I found really did it any good were Peace Walker, Uncharted and Little Big Planet. And Uncharted really felt a little out of place, even though it ultimately worked.