The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

It just didn't connect for me. Don't get me wrong, it's the closest you can get to recreating a console shooter on the Vita, but I kind of wish someone had stopped to ask if you really need a console shooter on the Vita. I feel like they missed a trick by going for the more accuracy based shooting of a game like Killzone when the overall experience would've been better from something closer to something like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead. I don't know, it didn't work for me. It was definitely a fucking great attempt, but I just didn't feel like the type of FPS they created really worked on the smaller screen.

Not to mention the Vita sticks are awful for accuracy. I mean, it's not as bad as the 3DS', but still not great.

Console shooters sell, of course you need one on the Vita. And the grips really help with accuracy and control, I never play without mine now.

If you're of the American persuasion (maybe Canada too? not sure) or just have one of their accounts and are still rocking your PS3, you can go on Home and get download codes for PS1 titles Warhawk, Destruction Derby and Twisted Metal for completing a little point and click esque little puzzle thing.

Tried Warhawk briefly and for a PS1 launch window flight sim, it's surprisingly competent! Despite skipping through the grainy FMV intros, I was able to quickly work out my objectives and the controls and beat the first mission.

Well, if you get Plus (Which you will to go online with a ps4 anyways) yeah, itll carry over to all the systems. So free games abound.

4 gigs is a fair amount. You can hold usually 2 games on that, or more if they are psp ps1 games. Uncharted was the only massive one at 3.8 gigs.

I'm likely picking up an 8 or 16 GB card today - just because I want to be able to have at least 2 full games on it at all times.

I bought an 8 and had a 4. Yeah, its all i needed.

I've actually platted more games for vita now than ps3. Love it.

Tearaway is really, really nice. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

You've got good company in the girl that sold it to me, who was ecstatic I wanted it because she loved it so much.

Amazon has a Black Friday deal going on right now, $30 for a year of PS+

And I'm almost tempted to go for this: Walking Dead edition Vita with Sly Cooper, Retro City Rampage and Uncharted for $179. I don't need another handheld, but that's an obscenely great deal.

I can confirm that even with a lack of titles, the Vita's remote play feature is super cool if you plan on picking up a PS4 eventually.

Plus, next year will have pretty much every awesome indie game of the last few years ported onto the Vita. Rouge Legacy, Don't Starve, Binding of Issac... some others, I think...

And you also get two of the best Vita games for free with PS+, Uncharted and Gravity Rush. AND if you get it in time, you can get Sonic Racing and Guacamelee for free too. For the record, Guacamelee is a side scrolling metroidvania game where you play as a Luchador and your special moves are Piledrivers and Suplexes.

That's four awesome games for free!

• Like 1