The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Badland is absolutely brilliant. Like a cross between Limbo and Flappy Bird. 

Not feeling Lords of the Fallen; feels a little generic, and I suck at it.

I've only played a few minutes of Journey, and it's very pretty, but I'm not sure I really "get" it yet.

25 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Badland is absolutely brilliant. Like a cross between Limbo and Flappy Bird. 

Not feeling Lords of the Fallen; feels a little generic, and I suck at it.

I've only played a few minutes of Journey, and it's very pretty, but I'm not sure I really "get" it yet.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like Sony are really going to have to bust out a fairly big free title soon, though. People are getting restless and Microsoft's free games are blowing them away.

Europe used to get spoilt with the games it received every month, but North America's selection tended to be more modest. Sony's European and North American Playstation branches negotiated for Playstation Plus games (as well as game localisations) separately, and it seemed that the European representatives were able to secure better deals than their American counterparts. Now that Sony appears to have decided that the Instant Game Collection lineups need to be consistent across the two regions, securing major-name titles for both may well have become considerably more difficult than it was to just focus on one area on its own. With smaller titles (and I'm not going to refer to them all as "indie" as a lot of them aren't), it's almost certainly a much easier ask.

Making their game available for free was the best decision Psyonix ever made (Rocket League). There were no guarantees it was going to take off like it did. On ps3, my nephew and I would spend entire afternoons trying to get games with people, but we were literally the only people on the European servers. Now, they've had 20m players and have made a bucket load of cash. When it comes to Rocket League 2, people will buy it. They could even strike a deal with Sony and make it free again and still make a fortune, but I suspect the next game will have to be bought.

On 9/10/2016 at 14:04, VerbalRick said:

Maybe? I don't know. It's slightly annoying but I'm not that worried about it. Seemed weird more than anything because I can't ever remember a time I've used Playstation +. 

I don't know....I would've sworn I gave @Little Red Srarvette a free PSN trial code when hers had expired and it let her use it.  I might be wrong though

Well, the slim model is available for around £201 at Amazon Student, while Tesco is doing a bundle that includes Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank for £224, so it's already cheaper than that if you look around. I don't think an official price drop has been announced, but I can certainly see some offers popping up over the next couple of months, perhaps during the Black Friday sales.

• Like 1

I am assembling my RPGs to Buy on PSN list now that I've got a PS3.  Picking up Suikoden, Vagrant Story and Tales From Symphonia tonight.  The rest I shall watch for during flash sales (Come on big Final Fantasy flash sale near FFXV's Launch!)

Final Fantasy Tactics (Need to actually finish it for once)
Final Fantasy VI (Never Played)
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (Need to actually finish Lunar at some point)
Suikoden 2 (Favorite game ever, have beaten twice, will play again and again and again)
Suikoden 3 (I think I still need to finish this one, I was definitely close to the end last time I played it)
Chrono Trigger (Need to beat, especially because...)
Chrono Cross (Loved it, beat it, want to play again!)
Legend of Dragoon (95% Sure I beat this, but can't remember)
Rogue Galaxy (Never played, have always heard it was good)

Any other suggestions?

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

I am assembling my RPGs to Buy on PSN list now that I've got a PS3.  Picking up Suikoden, Vagrant Story and Tales From Symphonia tonight.  The rest I shall watch for during flash sales (Come on big Final Fantasy flash sale near FFXV's Launch!)

Final Fantasy Tactics (Need to actually finish it for once)
Final Fantasy VI (Never Played)
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (Need to actually finish Lunar at some point)
Suikoden 2 (Favorite game ever, have beaten twice, will play again and again and again)
Suikoden 3 (I think I still need to finish this one, I was definitely close to the end last time I played it)
Chrono Trigger (Need to beat, especially because...)
Chrono Cross (Loved it, beat it, want to play again!)
Legend of Dragoon (95% Sure I beat this, but can't remember)
Rogue Galaxy (Never played, have always heard it was good)

Any other suggestions?

Oh god, Legend Of Dragoon. So so much longer than it ever needed to be but I remember loving every second of it.