The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I am so torn about this. On the one hand - this is genuinely my favourite game ever and I'm so excited. On the other hand - Ellie and Joel's story ended perfectly, what happened was a perfect "leave it to the player/viewer/reader" ending. I trust Naughty Dog, but I'm cautious about getting my hopes up.

• Like 2

In the case of Team ICO, it's a wonder they managed to ship it out at all. By all accounts, the game has been altered and completely restarted more than once because they were struggling so much to get it running properly, and they even had to skip a console generation and bring in Mark Cerny just to bring it to a playable state. With all the problems it's had, I think Sony just wanted to cut its losses and get it out there.

As bad as the situation is, though, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were both technically flawed, but that didn't stop them from being (in my opinion) great games. The reviews I've read have heaped praise on The Last Guardian's storytelling, atmosphere and characters, which is exactly what I liked in Team ICO's other games. It's not an attitude I usually take, but I could put up with a few foibles, as long as they're not too major, if I'm in for the kind of lasting experience that the game's predecessors served up.

• Like 1

Shadow of the Colossus is in my opinion, one of the best games of all time.  So I'll give Team Ico a chance on anything they create.  Reviews say story wise its good and you'll develop a connection with the catbird as intended.  But I'm also seeing that it's like a 15 hour game at most, so I'm holding off till it drops in price.  I know they sunk too much time and money into it to ever do anything less than a full price release, but it's probably going to end up being a game that should have launched at $30 on PSN.

• Like 1

Let It Die just came out and its free.  Made by Suda51, guy who did Killer 7 and No More Heroes.  Looks to be an ok dungeon crawler, especially for the price.