UFC News and Discussion Thread

Starting from after UFC 133 the main events in the UFC will be 5 rounds.

Also Nick Diaz has vacated the Strikeforce title so he can fight for the UFC title.

Starting from after UFC 133 the main events in the UFC will be 5 rounds.

Also Nick Diaz has vacated the Strikeforce title so he can fight for the UFC title.

I like this. I like this a lot. At least the main events being 5 rounds thing. Couldn't really care less about what Nick Diaz does until his fight with GSP.

Guest mr. potato head

Agreed with Plubbinator. Five rounds were one of the things that made title fights special, now every show will have a five-round fight?

Plus, how often do you get anything exciting in the fourth or fifth round? By that point it's usually either a wrestler grinding out a decision or two gassed guys doing nothing.

• Like 1

I like it but I don't like it if you catch my drift.

Some fights I think yeh an extra two rounds will be good, hopefully give a definitive winner and let us see more but I also agree with it cheapens title fights abit.

I'm more on the side of I wouldn't mind seeing an extra ten minutes of say Machida/Jackson or Fitch/Penn over say a prelim fight especially when the prelims are on facebook/youtube and on Spike in the US and ESPN over here in the UK

Guest mr. potato head

Sometimes a few of us talk on MSN, but I won't be around so 9 to 5's your best bet. There's really not a large contingent of EWBers watching this stuff and online at the same time most often.

My predictions for tonight:

Dos Santos KO's Carwin in R2

Kenny Florian d. Diego Nunes via UD

Demian Maia submits Mark Munoz via wizardry :-) (Go Maia go! My favorite fighter by far)

Jon Olav Einemo submits Dave Herman in R1 (and makes a huge first impression)

Vagner Rocha submits Cowboy Donald Cerrone (BJJ for the win)

I still debating whether watching this live or just getting it in the morning; first option I have to sit through all the stupid hype videos, interview, Rogan and Goldberg being idiots but I get to watch it live and perhaps discuss it with EWB guys. Second option, I get to skip all the annoying stuff plus I don't have to stay up to like 7 A.M.

Laying it out like this really solved the problem. :shifty: Can't be bothered to watch it live, unless 925 is on that is.

If theres a chat or something while watching an event i'd join like :) Didn't know people normally talked while watching :(