World Cup 2010 Thread

I never said we'd dominated (assuming you're addressing me), just that we'd played pretty well. You haven't had a lot of the ball, and you've had virtually nothing that was dangerous (most of it went to Altidor or whatever his name is. Thin American Heskey as I refer to him ¬_¬, which seems to be the same as wasting it). Other than having a name straight out of Fantasy novels, does Altidor do anything at all that makes him even a good footballer, let alone better than Brain McBride? ¬_¬ I'd be quite annoyed if he was in my team...

The fact that it had to be a fuck-up to make it a game says rather a lot, if you ask me...

Don't get me wrong, you lot haven't been bad by any stretch of the imagination, but you haven't looked like troubling us. Apart from that one time, where you shouldn't have troubled us... shit happens though.

A draw is probably quite fair at the moment. Any piss-taking I do of you guys is purely tit-for-tat type jesting. Except where Tim Howard is concerned, because he's usually shit. He seems to have forgotten that today though.

Edit: Damnit Carra... Leg, football. Football, leg. Difference.

And now the referee is booking players for talking. Exam conditions, damnit!

Edited by Farmer Reil
  • Like 2

Looked like he just overtook your guy and passed the ball to the keeper. Your guy just slammed into the back of him. Would have to see a replay though, it's Jamie Carragher so it's more than likely there was a foul involved ¬_¬ The notion of Jamie Carragher overtaking someone is suspicious. ¬_¬

HESKEY! :@ WHY AREN'T YOU PETER CROUCH!?

Edit: Woo, now he is <3 Heskey was good tonight, until he had to shoot. Something of a handicap for a striker. >.<

Edited by Farmer Reil

Onyewu's been pretty damn good tonight. With a beard like that he'll never get back into the country after the WC though. ¬_¬

Fuck's sake Rooney. Stop complaining when you GET a freekick!

Lol, Scottish mother, English father, playing for America. Sums it up, really.

Woo, four minutes of added on Heskey time. ¬_¬ I hate how we seem to be passing it around as if 1-1 is a perfectly acceptable result. :/

Ahahaha, America trying to make a substitution with five SECONDS left to go. Cheered me up a bit.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I thought we played much better in the second half. We actually managed to keep the ball, and get Rooney into the game rather than bypassing him with long balls like in the first half. Still, wasn't a brilliant performance, but some positive signs there. Lennon and Johnson were dangerous down the right flank, Heskey was good at doing his job even though he should've scored the one on one. In future, if we can keep the ball and work openings like we did in the second half, we should be ok. It's never exactly fun watching England is it?