Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

And he didn't notice the absence of Modric in his squad for the next six months? >_>

It all rather leads back to the 'unable to adapt to his players strengths' idea, unfortunately. The complete shift that occurred in Chelsea's playing style after the 5-3 Arsenal loss (reverting back to 'classic' Chelsea) makes me think someone in management clipped him round the ear and told him not to keep being so fucking silly. Shame it didn't also stop him being a bit of a douche to the players.

If they lose today I wonder how long it will take for the Liverpool fans to call for Rodgers' head. Given his inexperience, I don't think it'll be long.

Not justified though. I imagine the backlash for removing Gerrard would be more damning for him, but it seems like it needs to be done. Or move him further forward to stop him conceding possession so frequently with those risky through balls or long shots that rarely pay off.

Gerrard's done. He'll still have the odd game where he looks like his old self, but 9 times out of 10 he's a massive liability.

He's been poor for the last three seasons, and has carried that on into this one.

Gerrard has looked distinctly average at best since Alonso left. You'd have probably been better getting rid of Gerrard and giving Aquilani a chance... though of course if that backfired then Rodgers would have been public enemy #1 for sure.

I hope Downing is coming on for Gerrard. Pipe dream maybe, but he needs to come off. Even if he continues to start games, need to see what 'pool can do without him on the pitch.

See most of last season.

I hope Downing is coming on for Gerrard. Pipe dream maybe, but he needs to come off. Even if he continues to start games, need to see what 'pool can do without him on the pitch.

See most of last season.

You didn't have Allen or Sahin.