Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Yeah, my mate who is a Charlton fan thinks he can do no wrong. I'm not even sure what he has been doing in the last four years barring the odd TV spot. He's not someone that will lift the feeling around the club on his arrival (Someone like Di Canio would probably be a more popular choice) but if they do go down he's good enough to get them back up.

I personally want Di Matteo, but probably a bit of a strech, and interest has cooled on him. Di Canio im unsure about, purely because he's a character, and not something we usually go for, but it may work as he will put the boot to the players no doubt.

I'd like Nigel Adkins but I think he's still disputing his dismissal at Southampton, which makes him unavailable for work until resolved. Phil Parkinson is a legend at the club, and if we went down i'd take him at Championship level no doubt. Alex McLeish without a job is scaring me sensless though.

Gus Poyet has thrown his hat in too apparently.

Im just annoyed that we sacked Brian with 9 games left, and it looks more and more like we didn't already have a replacement lined up. It has Wolves last season written all over it.

Edited by Matticus

He will find another job easy this summer, any championship team would be happy to have him, I think his naivety in the Prem has ultimately cost him the job, we played old school 4-4-2 hoofball football, which is probably because of the talent available, or should I say lack of talent available to play anything else effectively.

Was never expecting much from this season anyway, we over acheived with this squad last season, and by not strengthening sufficiently, it was obvious we were going to be murdered in this league. Luckily, it hasn't been too bad and we have kept somewhat competitive, but we are still playing the worst football ive seen us play since the mid 90's when we had Tommy Burns as boss.

Apparently the Reading squad have said they don't want Di Canio as the manager. I've also heard Adkins is the boards choice, but his lawsuit with Southampton may scupper that.

With RDM unlikely, Gus Poyet is probably my odds on favorite to take over.

O'Leary would be a good fit on a PPI advert, mindyou.

Have you been mis sold a career as a football manager?

• Like 1

• Admin

Everton drop captain Phil Neville and striker Nikica Jelavic to the bench following last Saturday's home humiliation against Wigan in the FA Cup so Darron Gibson and Victor Anichebe start. Goalkeeper Tim Howard is out with a back injury - Jan Mucha continues to deputise.

Manchester City will be missing key man Yaya Toure, who is suffering with a migraine. Samir Nasri is left on the bench, so James Milner and Javi Garcia come into the midfield. England goalkeeper Joe Hart, who was rested for the 5-0 FA Cup win over Barnsley, returns and the fourth change sees Matija Nastasic come in to the defence.

I loved the commentary just after that goal.

'Leon Osman should be captain more often, oh sorry Garry, that means your brother won't play.'

What a hit! That was awesome! Everton deserve this lead too; completely out-classed City so far. And Mirallas should've had one earlier incorrectly ruled out for offside.

It was but they're difficult to call when the two players are going in opposite directions.

City do look as though they have a goal in them when they attack, so Everton will need a 2nd.