Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

The problem is we don't have a defensive midfielder other than Lucas. Cover for him should have been a priority in the summer, instead we spent £15m on Allen who wasn't really necessary, and £11m on Borini who looked lost before he got injured.

We were incredibly dumb in the transfer window, again. £26m on players that didn't address any of the gaping holes elsewhere in the squad.

Weren't you singing his praises when we signed him? I seem to recall exact words being "the missing link." :P But I disagree, he's had a couple of bad games recently but before that he hadn't put a foot wrong. I think once Lucas is back (tomorrow!?), he will find form again.

A lot is made of Liverpool need a striker, which is true we do need another striker. We also need cover for Lucas, a left back and a goalkeeper, maybe. Considering the whole Doni thing.

A million times this. I'd argue it's more important than another striker. I really like the look of Ricardo Rodriguez (:shifty:) from Wolfsburg. He reminds me a lot of Fabio Aurelio without the injury trouble. Either way we need someone in, Wisdom looks out of sorts at times and if we get a new winger (Alexis Sanchez!?) in January then Enrique can revert to left back, but we still need viable backup. I know we have Johnson and Kelly as an alternative pair, but I'd argue we need a direct substitute for the position. Heaven forbid we end up stuck with Downing back there again.

re: Suarez. He is the most lovable little man when he plays for your team, and probably the best player in the league right now. This is why I do not hate him :wub:

The problem is we don't have a defensive midfielder other than Lucas. Cover for him should have been a priority in the summer, instead we spent £15m on Allen who wasn't really necessary, and £11m on Borini who looked lost before he got injured.

We were incredibly dumb in the transfer window, again. £26m on players that didn't address any of the gaping holes elsewhere in the squad.

Weren't you singing his praises when we signed him? I seem to recall exact words being "the missing link." :P But I disagree, he's had a couple of bad games recently but before that he hadn't put a foot wrong. I think once Lucas is back (tomorrow!?), he will find form again.

A lot is made of Liverpool need a striker, which is true we do need another striker. We also need cover for Lucas, a left back and a goalkeeper, maybe. Considering the whole Doni thing.

A million times this. I'd argue it's more important than another striker. I really like the look of Ricardo Rodriguez (:shifty:) from Wolfsburg. He reminds me a lot of Fabio Aurelio without the injury trouble. Either way we need someone in, Wisdom looks out of sorts at times and if we get a new winger (Alexis Sanchez!?) in January then Enrique can revert to left back, but we still need viable backup. I know we have Johnson and Kelly as an alternative pair, but I'd argue we need a direct substitute for the position. Heaven forbid we end up stuck with Downing back there again.

re: Suarez. He is the most lovable little man when he plays for your team, and probably the best player in the league right now. This is why I do not hate him :wub:

He really isn't though. He's a very good player, no doubt, but he's a despicable human being.

My bad. Totally forgot about his well documented time at Aston Villa.

My bad. Totally forgot a racist, violent, vile human being can be a "lovable little man". As I said great player, one of the best, but he's a terrible person.

I'm not defending anyone here, but when was Suarez violent? He's racist, alright. He's a diver, fine. But I don't remember him being violent.

My bad. Totally forgot about his well documented time at Aston Villa.

My bad. Totally forgot a racist, violent, vile human being can be a "lovable little man". As I said great player, one of the best, but he's a terrible person.

There has been one (?) instance of violence, you've never assaulted someone? Because I have, guess that makes me a vile human being too.

The racism thing, by all accounts, was a misunderstanding. Even if it weren't, South Americans are a lot more lax about it than we are. Not condoning it, but different cultures work in different ways.

Struggling to think of anything else that makes him a vile human being here.

He's also best friends with Lucas, and I can't see how that can't make him the most lovely person. From what I've seen of him "behind the scenes," he's a genuinely nice bloke that just gets carried away on the pitch.

Is Alexis Sanchez on the market, or something?

As I can say, here in Chile they definitely see him getting loaned at least. He is not wanted there because he doesn't score even when he never was a prolific goalscorer. I don't know if he is the best option for Liverpool though