Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I think he means 2 sets competing against each other in the same game as in Anton and Fabio vs Rio and Rafael. Fabio would've been ineligible yesterday anyway against his parent club, so I don't think it's ever going to happen between these two sets.

Nothing will be as cool as the Boatengs competing against each other in a World Cup match.

I know this. This is why I pointed out that their careers crossed over. :/

So it's not a good weekend to be playing City. Arsenal have already won and Spurs could well do so on Monday, meaning that even a draw would leave Chelsea fairly precarious with regards to the Top Four. A loss in those circumstances would see us in 4th, only two points above Arsenal in 5th.

And it's not as though a win will be easy to come by either. City's home form is excellent and, despite their recent stutterings, they will raise their game big-time. Chelsea haven't won there since 2008.

So although my heart retains the "you never know" flavour of optimism, my head is steeling itself for an unfortunate afternoon.

The line-up I suspect we'll see:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Luiz - Lampard

Ramires - Mata - Hazard

Ba

I wouldn't worry too much in the long run, though. I don't know what big fixtures Arsenal have left, but I know Spurs have to play you, Everton and City all in April. Which I'm sure will basically decide our season.

It's also Spurs/Arsenal in a week, so I'm sure that'll help you out, too.

Certainly Spurs v Arsenal will help, although I feel we will still need to be in a better position than we are come April simply because of our final run-in:

Tottenham (home)

Liverpool (away)

Swansea (home)

Man United (away)

Aston Villa (away)

Everton (home)

Thar be a recipe for pain.

@MCFC: TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta ©, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell, Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero

CFC: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Mikel, Lampard ©; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba. - subs: Turnbull, Azpilicueta, Terry, Bertrand, Oscar, Moses, Torres.

Terry on the bench? :/

I want a draw or better yet a win for Chelsea, would love to see City find themselves getting sucked into a battle of 4th just to see how Mancini handles it seeing as he's been declaring himself the best manager in the league and generally spouting nonsense for the last few weeks.

Chelsea have been decidedly subdued aside from a 10 minute interval. If this continues it's a matter of when, not if, City score.

Cahill MOTM thus far...so many vital blocks. Cech's been well on it too.

I swear we haven't put in a quality free kick/corner for weeks...