NBA 2012-13 Thread

Yeah, the Knicks are going to be in rough shape with the cap. This may have been this group's best chance at winning a title. And let's be real, the Heat have the East on lockdown for another 2-3 years after this anyway. I had some fun watching basketball this season for the first time in a long while, but still the NBA is terribly predictable.

I heard Michael Jordan is in talks with Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, and Kendall Gill to play along with Kemba Walker and MKG.

As sad as it may be, that team couldn't be any worse than last year's Bobcats.

Yeah this was the Knicks best chance to win, and they couldn't do it. They'll be a perennial playoff squad with first or second round exits as long as Melo is there, but cap hell is gonna make it really hard for them to build a winner there until Melo is well into his 30's. There's always the hope they can do what Dallas managed to do with Dirk in 2011 and somehow build a winner out of a number spare parts and salary dumps. However, getting to the point where they have the cap room for that is still a bit away.

The Spurs are whipping our ass, shooting 60% and playing like its 2006 or some shit. Is this the same team that had trouble with Golden State?

So the Bobcats are changing their name to the Hornets now that it's available, which is awesome. Now can we just get New Orleans to go back on the Pelicans and trade Utah for the Jazz name? Do that, along with getting back the Sonics in Seattle, and all is right with the world.

I agree 100% and why not just rename the Wizards the Bullets!

This is about to turn into every basketball forum I've ever seen on the team nickname topic. I'm just waiting for the multi-team trade that inevitably involves the Jazz going to New Orleans and the Lakers going to Minnesota and the T'Wolves going to Orlando.

So the Bobcats are changing their name to the Hornets now that it's available, which is awesome. Now can we just get New Orleans to go back on the Pelicans and trade Utah for the Jazz name? Do that, along with getting back the Sonics in Seattle, and all is right with the world.

Gosh, I don't know, maybe because the rampant gun violence that made the change the name in the first place has only gotten worse? Or maybe because the Gilbert Arenas fiasco?

• Like 1

Gosh, I don't know, maybe because the rampant gun violence that made the change the name in the first place has only gotten worse? Or maybe because the Gilbert Arenas fiasco?

The gun violence actually isn't anywhere near as bad as it was in the 90's. Both Baltimore and DC are remarkably better than they were 15-20 years ago. Nationwide I don't know statistics on off the top of my head as to whether or not it's gotten better or worse.

But, yeah, they won't be changing that name back even if DC has a 0 murder rate. Wizards was a crappy choice for a team that plays in the nation's capital, but it's what the fans voted for so there you go.

First 14 picks in the draft have been determined through the Lottery. Cleveland won it and will select #1.

#01 - Cleveland

#02 - Orlando

#03 - Washington

#04 - Charlotte

#05 - Phoenix

#06 - New Orleans

#07 - Sacramento

#08 - Detroit

#09 - Minnesota

#10 - Portland

#11 - Philadelphia

#12 - Oklahoma City (from Toronto via Harden trade)

#13 - Dallas

#14 - Utah

Edited by james_ewing88

CAVS WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK.

I'M MARKING THE FUCK OUT.

Why? Having the top pick doesn't mean anything in this draft.

Exactly. You could hear it from the commentators when they were talking about who Washington would take with the second pick. "IDK... Len? Otto Porter went to Georgetown..." 2003 this ain't.

Yeah, I mean there are a lot of really solid players in this draft but there's no real superstar among them (at least one that's obvious). The best player could be #1 but could very well be #15 so winning the lottery just isn't that big of a deal.

CAVS WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK.

I'M MARKING THE FUCK OUT.

Why? Having the top pick doesn't mean anything in this draft.

ncb_u_noel_400.jpg

Nerlens Noel enjoys your foolishness.

Really hope he enjoys being a bust and (hopefully) ending up like Greg Oden