NBA 2012-13 Thread

CAVS WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK.

I'M MARKING THE FUCK OUT.

Why? Having the top pick doesn't mean anything in this draft.

ncb_u_noel_400.jpg

Nerlens Noel enjoys your foolishness.

Really hope he enjoys being a bust and (hopefully) ending up like Greg Oden

Yes. Because a 7'ft, 285 pounder with career-long knee problems with multiple surgeries is comparable to a 6'10", 205 pounder tearing his ACL.

ncb_u_noel_400.jpg

Yes. Because a 7'ft, 285 pounder with career-long knee problems with multiple surgeries is comparable to a 6'10", 205 pounder tearing his ACL.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant about everybody talking about Oden would be the savior for Portland and would take them back to the playoffs and him ending up a bust.

ncb_u_noel_400.jpg

No, that's not what I meant. I meant about everybody talking about Oden would be the savior for Portland and would take them back to the playoffs and him ending up a bust.

No, no, no....KYRIE IRVING is the savior. Noel is just the final piece to the puzzle.

So the Bobcats are changing their name to the Hornets now that it's available, which is awesome. Now can we just get New Orleans to go back on the Pelicans and trade Utah for the Jazz name? Do that, along with getting back the Sonics in Seattle, and all is right with the world.

I agree 100% and why not just rename the Wizards the Bullets!

Gosh, I don't know, maybe because the rampant gun violence that made the change the name in the first place has only gotten worse? Or maybe because the Gilbert Arenas fiasco?

The gun violence actually isn't anywhere near as bad as it was in the 90's. Both Baltimore and DC are remarkably better than they were 15-20 years ago. Nationwide I don't know statistics on off the top of my head as to whether or not it's gotten better or worse.

But, yeah, they won't be changing that name back even if DC has a 0 murder rate. Wizards was a crappy choice for a team that plays in the nation's capital, but it's what the fans voted for so there you go.

Wasn't talking about DC area gun violence.

Damnit, Maxx. We've moved on to reposting an annoying picture of the next DeAndre Jordan and aren't talking about the Wizards anymore!

I was going to say a rich man's Chris "Birdman" Andersen but that's apt too.

Cleveland won? I guess Stern is still trying to make it up to Gilbert over the Lebron thing. (Yes, I am a draft conspiracy theorist. Although, I'm not sure if this was one of the rigged ones or not, considering the weak class.)

So Burke won't go 1. Cleveland would be fools to take Noel when Oladipo is exactly what they need to become a winner. Washington is sitting comfortably with a lot of scouting ahead of them and a great shot, assuming Cleveland does screw themselves and take Noel, of landing the best player in the draft... whoever that may be.

There is already a big push to draft Len being that he's a Terp of course. I want a C/PF, so hopefully they land the best one.

This series is already over. There's just no way Memphis is gonna win. The Spurs are good, but they are not this fucking good. Memphis is just overwhelmed for some damn reason. They're ice cold and San Antonio is red hot, which is resulting in embarrassment. Still proud of 'em though for making it this far. It's the best season in franchise history, and good things are to come provided they can get some perimeter scoring help next season.

So Burke won't go 1. Cleveland would be fools to take Noel when Oladipo is exactly what they need to become a winner. Washington is sitting comfortably with a lot of scouting ahead of them and a great shot, assuming Cleveland does screw themselves and take Noel, of landing the best player in the draft... whoever that may be.

There is already a big push to draft Len being that he's a Terp of course. I want a C/PF, so hopefully they land the best one.

Wait, what? They already have Waiters so why would they draft another SG? They can't play Irving, Waiters and Oladipo all at the same time and you're not going to draft Oladipo #1 to come off the bench.

• Like 1

If I'm Cleveland, I would take Noel regardless of injury. Yeah, he's skinny, but he's 19 years old, and bulk should come with age. The injury doesn't concern me too much, as he has the highest upside of anyone in this draft and worth is the risk. That'll give them a good young core of Irving, Waiters, Noel, and Thompson. By some miracle of God should Lebron decide to return in a few years, they'll be a championship contender.

They could also take Otto Porter, Jr. He hasn't gotten a lot hype for the number one pick, but rumor is Cleveland is high on him. I can see why as well, he's an excellent player.

On other note, I'm trying so hard not to turn this game off. I want to support my team, but damn this is painful to watch. Absolutely no perimeter scoring, shooting 30%, and bricking free throws. Rudy Gay, where are you?

Edited by HeadCheese

Dion Waiters showed nothing this year. His PER was like 13 right? Oladipo will give you much more on both ends of the floor and Waiters can mold into a 6th man/Ginobli.

I highly doubt they'll give up on him after one year.

That's when superstars are present though, not when it's just a bunch guys that are about the same. If they don't go Noel, there's other players at positions they need that they'll take.

It depends on how well the offense goes. If they do what they did in the second half tonight for an entire game, they win. That's a big if, though. Bayless has to show up, and he's very streaky.

I'm totally glad I didn't give up on the game. I love TA, but that flop was so shameless you'd think he had a Clippers uniform on...

Edited by HeadCheese