2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

Either of those colors would be fine as a helmet, together it just looks dumb. When no one is watching, I guess you can wear whatever you want.

Logo looks much better seeing it like that though. Patch is dumb. I hope the Vikings do better.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the 49ers will destroy us this year. But honestly, the way things are moving under Shad Khan, I see the Jags becoming a completely better franchise overall.

Wayne Weaver had let everything get stale and Gene Smith was a terrible GM (a punter in the third round :/).

Gus Bradley has the potential to be a great HC too, he did some impressive things with the Seahawks D over the past few years. The guy is a motivator, just listen to him speak to Wichita State before the final 8 (I think) of the NCAA March Madness last month:

Oh and the Vikes and Fins new jerseys too:

BIjsP9gCQAAsLiT.jpg

Not NFL related, but heres footage of an LFL football coach having a nice meltdown during halftime

• Like 1

Vikings are much better, but it really couldn't get any worse for them. Can't really make out much of the Dolphins, but the logo is alright. Jaguars are wretched though. I was afraid Nike would try to wreck the NFL like it has college football. It just annoys me that people were actually paid to come up with these messes. The helmet is ridiculous, I'm amazed the NFL signed off on it.

Which one? They've had about nine million the last few years. There's been a couple of good combinations, but generally they've looked pretty dumb (I hate the ones where you can barely tell a player's name/number for example) and it set off this horrid trend for stupid stripes, shapes, camo etc. You can barely tell which team is which year to year.

Terrible Dan with terrible taste. That helmet is fucking hideous, particularly in this picture

d0423jj.jpg

Just the matte gray would have looked excellent.

As far as the Jags go, I do not like the helmet at all, or the patch on the front of the jersey. The rest is okay. If I was a fan, I'd probably get the teal jersey/ The Vikings look good. My only gripe with the Dolphins is that they've downplayed the orange trim color a bit too much.

Eh. I generally like all the college pro combat unis. Much more life in them than say the standard old Penn State uni or some of the boring NFL unis.

It's called tradition, since you're a Jags fan, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.

• Like 3

Eh. I generally like all the college pro combat unis. Much more life in them than say the standard old Penn State uni or some of the boring NFL unis.

It's called tradition, since you're a Jags fan, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.

Agreed.

Nike is making the NFL look like the Arena League with these new uniforms.

Oh my god the Jags uniforms are fucking horrid. It's like someone vomited on a mannequin. Horrible helmet, horrible numbers, horrible collar horns, horrible sleeves, horrible combinations. Everything wrong with college uniforms has come to the NFL with these. I can't wait for Paul Lukas to have a meltdown about them.

Haven't seen enough of the new Fins jerseys but I'm not a fan of the new logo already. Beyond that it doesn't look like too much has changed with the exception of them foolishly getting rid of orange almost entirely. A downgrade, but in the light of other uniform travesties this isn't bad at all.

Vikings, however, did excellent. They had a misguided uniform overhaul a few years back and fortunately seem to have reversed that. They look very classy and also a bit modernized with the subtle changes to the numbers. I don't like the purple pants with those socks though, needs more contrast.

Always the worst. The NFL uniforms that try so hard not to be boring? Fucking terrible. Cards and Vikings were actually difficult to watch in some games because there was so much shit thrown on the uniform. And when every college team wears black for the sake of it, it's not special, or cool, it's dumb. I don't expect every uniform to have block lettering and standard sleeve stripes, but I do expect to watch a game and not think I'm watching a fucking clown college.

Always the worst. The NFL uniforms that try so hard not to be boring? Fucking terrible. Cards and Vikings were actually difficult to watch in some games because there was so much shit thrown on the uniform. And when every college team wears black for the sake of it, it's not special, or cool, it's dumb. I don't expect every uniform to have block lettering and standard sleeve stripes, but I do expect to watch a game and not think I'm watching a fucking clown college.

Exactly. There are ways to do modern takes on uniforms too. Every generation of style has had its "modern classics". Hell the original Jaguars uniforms were one such uniform that just looked excellent. The Orioles wear a cartoony bird (their mascot) on their baseball cap and it works perfectly. Not every uniform needs to follow a strict set of rules, every generation can have something that works. Look at the Portland Trail Blazers for another example of a team that hit a jackpot with a unique "modern" take back in the 70's and has used it with slight tweaks since. The Bucs did a total overhaul in the 90's that really captured the look of that time period, and their glory years. They own pewter, though in my opinion the helmet logo is a little dated now. Nike doesn't actually look for things that work (if they did they would have changed their approach to Oregon uniforms years ago), much like Under Armour does with college teams they just go for these over-the-top designs throwing shit all over the uniform because they can. This is exactly what I see in the new Jags uniform. A bunch of designs that on their own might work thrown together into a hodgepodge that doesn't work.

And this doesn't just apply to teams without a traditional look. There are teams that can update a classic look with some subtle changes to make them feel fresh. I'm looking at you Detroit, great update.

Football Nation took a page from Jimmy Kimmel

How could they not catch on with the names...Mike Hawke, Buster Highman, Neil Antblo...seriously, say them outloud