2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some rumblings that the front office would like the new coach to use the same staff so there's nothing official yet but I can't imagine they wouldn't give the new coach some authority on the staff.

If you're just appointing a head coach but not changing the staff, what the hell is the point of the head coach? Someone to throw challenge flags and for the camera to focus on when shit goes downhill?

• Like 1

Oh yeah, definitely. Saying that, though, I would imagine Norv is high on a lot of peoples lists for a coordinator job so it's not out of the question that he would stay put regardless.

If you're just appointing a head coach but not changing the staff, what the hell is the point of the head coach? Someone to throw challenge flags and for the camera to focus on when shit goes downhill?

Don't try and make sense of it because it doesn't make sense.

I'd take Norv Turner as OC in Tampa Bay. It'd be a lot better than Mike Sullivan, but on the other hand, when you have one of the worst offenses in the league, nearly anything is an improvement.

New head coaches usually bring in new coordinators, so it's likely.

Also, I like that even Cleveland is smart enough not to promote Norv Turner to head coach. When I heard Chud was getting fired, that was my first thought. Glad they're looking elsewhere. Norv Turner doesn't deserve another top job.

Do Tampa need a new OC?

somethingsomethingNavySeals

I dunno about anyone else, but when I call them Tampa its not to work your nerves. They play in Tampa, so thats what I call them. Some teams I refer to them by their team name, others by the city they play it...IE I rarely say Packers, usually using Green Bay, or Baltimore instead of Ravens or Tampa instead of Bucs. On the flip side, I never call them New Orleans and instead always say Saints, always say Colts etc...

So I'm not trolling you, its just how I say things

It alternates...sometimes New England, sometimes Patriots

Peyton Manning's single-season passing yards record may wind up being the shortest-lived record of all time.

According to SI.com's Doug Farrar, the NFL is in the process of reviewing a seven-yard completion from Manning to Eric Decker in the first quarter of the Denver Broncos' Week 17 blowout win over the Oakland Raiders that, if overturned, would result in Manning finishing the 2013 regular season with 5,470 yards, six shy of Drew Brees' previous all-time record set in 2011.

Manning completed 25 of 28 passes for 266 yards and four touchdowns in the 34-14 win despite sitting the entire second half.

As The Denver Post's Mike Klis points out via Twitter, an overturn of Week 17's ruling would sting for Manning and Broncos fans as the future Hall of Fame passer could have easily broken the mark in the third quarter.

From one angle, the quick pass to Decker looks like a lateral, which would make it a running play. However, other angles are inconclusive.

peyton-manning-backward-pass-to-eric-dec

Yea, their not going to overturn that and take it away. Not from the golden boy

• Like 1

I don't really remember him being a hothead but that was with the Raiders when Al Davis was still alive (enough to make anybody angry) and he's spent a lot of time with easy-going Pete Carroll that I doubt it would be an issue.