The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Based on today's performance, despite the scoreline, I'm reasonably confident that scum shouldn't win the league. City and chelsea should be far superior to that as long as they don't get overly complacent or anything. Fuck, if they keep Bale and Soldado turns out to be a success then I could see the yids putting a reasonable title challenge forward.

Then again, they didn't have the best team last year and RVP managed to carry them to the title at a canter

Honestly, I'd be more scared by a team who can under perform and still win 4-1. The teams who win the league are usually those who manage to win the games they don't play well in, and that's a trait United have had for seasons on end.

• Like 2

Based on today's performance, despite the scoreline, I'm reasonably confident that scum shouldn't win the league. City and chelsea should be far superior to that as long as they don't get overly complacent or anything. Fuck, if they keep Bale and Soldado turns out to be a success then I could see the yids putting a reasonable title challenge forward.

Then again, they didn't have the best team last year and RVP managed to carry them to the title at a canter

Really, Matt?

He supports Leeds.

Leeds fans have always baffled me with this. I've come across so many who seem to care more about us losing, than their own team winning. Sad really. Especially when I can count on one hand the times I've given a crap about a Leeds game that didn't involve us.

As for yesterday. Much better than I could've hoped for. Yeah we weren't at our best but I'll take not playing well and winning 4-1 every week. Would still like to see another midfielder brought in before the deadline though.

Also, as well as Welbeck played yesterday, I'd much rather see Kagawa playing behind RVP. Hope he gets a good run in the side this season.

• Like 1

Out the door in about half an hour, but currently watching the start of Super Sunday and their build-up to José's return.

Just made me realise that despite him having been back for a couple months now, it still hasn't quite felt real...yet.

In about three and a half hours in my usual seat at Stamford Bridge, it should feel as real as can be. :)