The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Didn't Shane call Mourinho out on Raw or something?

What? That sounds hilarious what did he say?

It happened. I was there.

I can't remember exactly what Shane said, but he picked out Mourinho in the crowd (there with his kids) and was all "HEY I KNOW YOU, YOU'RE JOSE MOURINHO, HEAD COACH OF CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB!" (cue boos from the vast majority of the crowd, as is always the way in England when any single team is mentioned). I recall Shane following that with something fairly goading, but Jose just sat there and smiled, enjoying the show.

Edit: Oh hey, footage:

http://youtu.be/KOcVqCmap5g

• Admin
Manchester City will play Liverpool at New York's Yankee Stadium this summer in the International Champions Cup.
The pre-season friendly, ahead of the start of the 2014-15 campaign, will take place on 30 July.
Manchester United will also feature in the eight-team tournament, which will take place across the United States.
United are in a group featuring Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Roma, while AC Milan and Olympiakos feature in the same group as City and Liverpool.
City's return to Yankee Stadium, where they beat Chelsea 5-3 last May, comes as they prepare for the full launch of their New York City FC Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
Their meeting with Liverpool comes three days after facing AC Milan in Pittsburgh, while they take on Olympiakos in Minneapolis on 2 August.
Liverpool will play Olympiakos on 27 July in Chicago and, after facing City, take on Milan in Charlotte, North Carolina on 2 August.
United announced fixtures against Roma in Denver on 26 July and Inter Milan in Washington DC on 29 July.
No date has been announced for United's game with Real Madrid.
The tournament starts on 24 July, 11 days after the end of the World Cup in Brazil, and three weeks before the start of the 2014-15 Premier League season on 16 August.

Glad we're not having any more post-season/pre-season friendlies with City next year. Nothing like having Yaya Toure stamp down on the foot of one of your 16 year old academy players in a meaningless exhibition match...cunt.

• Admin
Wayne Rooney has reached an agreement with Manchester United over a new contract. The England international will sign a five-and-a-half-year deal which could see him earn £300,000 per week.
So that's £15.6m a year, not including bonuses/image rights/sponsorship deals etc.