The FA Cup Thread 2013/14

Colly

Surely Arsenal will win the cup from here. They thought that against Birmingham a few years ago I know, but still.

This Wigan win surely shows that we really shouldn't assume. If Wigan can knock off Man City at the Etihad, then Arsenal can lose this F.A. Cup. To any of the three sides left!

Rosler is a fucking genius. Done wonders with Brentford, now got Wigan into a great position in the league and a semi final in the FA Cup

I like Rosler a lot but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "genius". This is a mighty result and he knows how to put a team out to play football properly, but he didn't really work wonders at Brentford. They had a very good budget for League One and failed twice to pull off the win when it mattered more than anything at the end of last season. I like him though and I could easily see him taking this Wigan side back up to the top flight this season.

Thinking about it, Sheff Utd are probably the only team that I would be happy to see win the thing.

Not Arsenal because it's funny watching them not win things, not Wigan because outside of Rosler there is nothing remotely likeable for me about them and even the thought of an ex-City legend lifting the cup as a manager won't be enough to counteract Dave bloody Whelan lifting the cup, and not Hull because I know a Hull fan who gets amazingly smug at the littlest victories and it would be hell for anyone who knows him for the days following the final.

So... up the Blades?

• Like 1

Here's a thought - bar one of the worse run ins in footy history, if Arsenal beat Wigan, then Hull or Sheff U will be in the Europa League next season.