The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

If they're developping more content for a series format, I'd personally love to see the MCU guys tackle the X-Men in a tv series format. I just thing television lends itself better to those characters / story, as there's so much to tell. And they can tie them into the movies fairly well regardless, from the series. 

WandaVision is a hit. Genuinely, I really like it and it's probably my favorite MCU product thus far... which totally took me by surprise as I'm not a big fan of either character... but the series format is really working here. And they've gone all out with it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

GET HYPE FOR ALPHA FLIGHT

You joke, but Alpha Flight would be a killer show. You've got the Native American stuff that can be explored, fucking bigfoot and possibly even Wolverine. I'd love to see them bring Wolvie to the MCU with something that isn't X-Men right off the bat. Explore his past with Weapon X and let him do some canuck shit before he joins the X-Men.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

You joke, but Alpha Flight would be a killer show. You've got the Native American stuff that can be explored, fucking bigfoot and possibly even Wolverine. I'd love to see them bring Wolvie to the MCU with something that isn't X-Men right off the bat. Explore his past with Weapon X and let him do some canuck shit before he joins the X-Men.

It’s going to be so weird seeing Logan portrayed by someone other than Jackman

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Yes, and ideally they can come shoot it up here so I can work it 😆 .. perfect canadian setting up north and all.

So, Don Cheadle was interviewed by BroBible and he let something slip. SPOILERS, obviously:

Spoiler

War Machine appears in The Falcon & The Winter Soldier. He also mentioned that the upcoming Armor Wars series will explore how characters are dealing with Tony Stark's death.

WV episode 5 ending:

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH ERKGPOERGPErjgprejgperijj EVAN PETERS ergerogkeropgk X-MEN QUICKSILVER gjerijgerijgrieqjgr3-j24irgnono RECAST JOKE. :w00t: :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

That is all.

EDIT: That is not all.

Spoiler

On the Audio Description they literally say "Wanda stares at the version of Pietro from the X-Men films".

• Like 2

Spoiler

If Wanda didn't create the doorbell ringing (and X-Men Quicksilver showing up) to end the conversation with Vision, this suggests she's not 100% in control of what's going on in Westview. One could also take Pietro's "who's the popsicle?" line as a reference to how Vision is dead.

There's also the fact that Agnes is seemingly the only one that realizes what's going on here. There was the whole thing with Herb too, but who was with him when that awkward conversation happened between those two and Vision? Agnes. She's not phased by Tommy & Billy aging in front of her eyes - "it's so hard to control children" or whatever she said.

Ice cold take here, but she's Agatha Harkness and she's a disciple of Mephisto, who is the one getting inside of Wanda's head (but most of this is caused by Wanda's grief, but even she can't remember starting all of this - if she's to be believed).

SWORD wants Vision's body back so they can run more experiments and study him. Mephisto & Agatha want Wanda's children. This is all building up to an MCU "No More Mutants" type scenario, but how that's done and what the actual phrase is - who knows.

EDIT: Oh, and next week's commercial is sooooo fucking good. You'll all love it.

Edited by tristy

I'm legit blown away by this show.

Spoiler

Suggesting Wanda could have beat Thanos on her own, and joking about how she doesn't have an alias is either some incredible foreshadowing to the Scarlett Witch being the next big bad of the MCU or a massive tease.

I love moments where you sort of catch on a few seconds before the reveal so you just get a flood of anticipation but I was not expecting it to turn out to be the Xmen Quicksilver, so I got exactly what I expected plus a gigantic twist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I yelled "Oh Shit" out loud three times watching this week's episode. 

Spoiler

First... when Wanda came out of Westview and into the world to confront SWORD.... 

Second... Quicksilver at the door. 

Third... Quicksilver being Evan Peters. That was a big shock as I assumed they would have just started the X-Men timeline anew. 

I'm super intrigued. 

2 minutes ago, St. Dubb said:

I needed a cigarette after watching this episode.

And I don't even smoke.

Hide contents

So who is the aerospace engineer Monica was texting and how disappointing is it going to be when its not Reed Richards...

Spoiler

I had the same question and then completely forgot everything else after Quicksilver showed up.