2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Just wondering if there's any way FIFA calls Qatar on the scandal over payoffs and reopens bidding for the 2022 World Cup? Considering Qatar is using indentured slavery to build the stadium for it and the asshole in trouble is already in trouble with corruption charges from 2011, I hope so.

Just wondering if there's any way FIFA calls Qatar on the scandal over payoffs and reopens bidding for the 2022 World Cup? Considering Qatar is using indentured slavery to build the stadium for it and the asshole in trouble is already in trouble with corruption charges from 2011, I hope so.

According to the rumours, Australia (bidding runners-up) are on stand-by.

They can't put it to a re-vote because if Qatar don't win the vote, the authorities will be questioning why the majority didn't vote for Qatar again, which will essentially incriminate everyone. From what I heard today, they are more likely to just give it to Australia.

I wouldn't mind it. I hope it's like 1994 with all the dreadful kits and lots of Roberto Baggio and Hristo Stoichkov.

And the sheer force of Diana Ross missing a penalty causing the goal to split in two.

I don't see how the problems with mistreatment and forced labour of minorities will be avoided by giving the World Cup to Australia. :/

I don't see how you can compare the labour standards of an absolute monarchy, with essentially zero workers right or protections, to Australia :/