Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Thread

Plubby

I'd forgotten how much I love watching the boarder cross once every four years, it's a pity the whole competition is over within a couple of hours. Good result for Brockhoff in 8th overall but still only the two medals so far after Lassila's near-win in the aerials. C'mon Chumpy!

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

Cracking shot there from Dave Murdoch to win the tie break in the curling with the last stone. Both sides are now in the semi finals. Hopefully at least one of them can pick up a medal, especially Eve and Co.

• Like 1

Well, people quiting the 10km? I know we are good but why?

Hopefully another sweep in about 2 hours!!

Scared, and to focus on the team relay, which y'know, we're still gonna win anyway. :P

Wow, Russia are looking like they'll be put out by Finalnd, I don't watch much hockey but this is most unexpected. Boarder cross was a huge disappointment over here, but that's mainly because the media were telling everyone that Pullin was a sure thing and the others were a good chance too. Fortunately we did get a silver in the men's aerials, which was an incredible result since not too long ago Australia had no men's aerials team/staff/anything pretty much.

latvia and slovenia playing today were massive shocks, russia flopping like a dead fish out of the game is not surprising really, they laid an egg against slovakia, so this wasn't a massive shock. Plus Finland is legit, they were a rebound away from sliding out of tge Canada game with a regulation win.

the two goals so far in cze usa are awesome contrasts, one spinorama in the slot and one garbage cheeser from the twilight zone.

that was a pretty pretty move, Price going down like Paris Hilton didn't help.

Is Finland winning Russia really that big of a shock? We've beaten them plenty of times before. I think that world championships aren't really that big of a deal elsewhere as it maybe is here as they are always during NHL playoffs, but Russia usually always have some, if not most of their big names. I know we're not really the favourites to win, but we usually end up in top 4 and i don't think that Russia was really that great in any of the games.

Edited by The Sandman