Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Thread

Plubby

Off to the bronze game we go, as much as i hate to say it Sweden was better. Hopefully we're gonna win tomorrow, someone like Teemu Selänne (my all time favourite player) who's playing his final year, would be a great way to go out with a win and a medal.

Canada-USA's going to be a great game, whichever wins i hope they destroy Sweden in the final. :P

Edited by The Sandman

Why is there so much time between Hockey periods? So annoying!

The Canadians need time to get their french fries & gravy made

Why is there so much time between Hockey periods? So annoying!

they have to resurface the ice. Supposedly the ice conditions for late games in this arena are awful, so.

JayBo, proper Firesale alumni.

I dunno who is doing your commentary but the third wheel for the Canadian feed has been very critical of the ice surface conditions.

NHL isn't as good as Olympic hockey. Too many commercial breaks break up the flow of watching it. Go to a few Hawks games and you'll have a much better time. I don't like watching hockey on TV, but love going to Flyers games

Be careful, there are 3 Blackhawks on team Canada. Wouldn't want you to feel conflicted in a game like this.

I really disagree with most of what lint said, his only valid point is commercial breaks. Nhl hockey is much more physical and intense because the ice surface is much smaller, creating much closer quarters.

• Like 1

It's more intense, but the bigger size rink offers more scoring rushes, for somebody who doesn't watch Hockey all year - this would definitely be more exciting for them.

the bigger rink doesn't lead to more scoring chances at all; what it leads to is teams playing 1-4 traps with one guy in the nuetral zone and everyone else hiding behind their own blueline, and a lot of dump and chase. If you like no forecheck hockey and teams hoping their cherry picking forward can corral a hail mary pass, good on you, but for the most part these have been low scoring, low excitement games, and only the stakes make them worth watching.

the exception being when Slovania meets a Sweden, and then you have one team getting absolutely outclassed. But again, if you are a fan of that...

Was a great game though