Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Thread

Plubby

Another gold for Holland in the speed skating, tied with the US for gold medals, TAKE THAT!

(I'm not suggesting we'll be anywhere near the end, as we don't have any medal prospects outside of the speed skating and short track. :shifty:)

I'd be a lot happier with our bronze medal if the BBC commentary hadn't been so absolutely God awful. Horrific favouritism from start to finish to the extent that they were joking about hoping other competitors fell and were in tears when it was over. Just pathetic.
You want the British girl to do well? Great! You're friends with her too? Terrific! That doesn't give you a free pass to throw away any dignity or credibility you have to support her.

The American girl that won the gold in slopestyle was ridiculously pretty.

Watching niche sports on the red button uncovers even more fitties too.

Behold Czech biathlete Gabriella Soukalova.

JB4934a4_Soukalova_1.jpg

:wub:

Yay curling is on! Though I have to dvr the womens curling cuz its on 5-8AM... :(N):

no I'm serious...I like curling

I'm sorry but when it comes to curling puns you'll find my heart is cold as a rock.

Not directly related but I watched the first two minutes of the Beebs attempt at the Last Leg last night, couldn't take any more. Alan Davies who I normally quite like reading horrible jokes about how niche the games are off an autocue, clearly wishing he wasn't there.

What the hell was going on with the false start in the speed skating yesterday? Didn't look like there was one to me, even on the replay.

Another "almost" day for the Aussies, with Anna Segal somehow getting fourth in the ski slopestyle despite all her injuries. Was really hoping to see Scotty James do well too, but no luck for our guys in the half-pipe :(

True, but we've done pretty well in recent years and have even more realistic medal chances than in previous years.

It's only one area, but a big area. Most of our athletes are actually based internationally anyway, but there are quite a lot of ski parks on the mountains around the south-east. According to the commentators, Shaun White supposedly had his own personal half-pipe built at Perisher and spent quite a bit of time there in the past year.

What the hell was going on with the false start in the speed skating yesterday? Didn't look like there was one to me, even on the replay.

Body's gotta be pretty much 100% still.