The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "It was an even game, but at the end of the day they have financial power and used it in a effective way with players like Diego Costa and Eden Hazard making the difference."

Good ol' Arsene "this summer we have money to spend (on shit)" Wenger, rolling out the old mid-season favourites. :lol:

• Like 2

I think he said he wanted to come back to The Premier League and he had pretty high wage demands, which put off any top 6 club who were presumably quite stacked in the position.

Certainly the likes of United and Arsenal have defensive midfielders coming out of their ears.

The ironic part of Wenger's comment is Arsenal's net transfer spend this summer was much higher than Chelsea's. With the sales of Luiz and Lukaku, I wouldn't be shocked if Chelsea still made a profit this summer.

Granted, that doesn't paint a wholly accurate picture. Chelsea have spent years spending big, and have just now started to actually have a good balance in the transfer market. Also helps when you get 50 million for your back-up center back.

Chelsea did make a profit this summer, £900k I believe.

It must be difficult for Arsene, only being able to blow paltry sums like £42m on a player. He's basically in poverty.

• Like 3