The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Colo is 1/2 favourite on Sky Bet now.

How bizarre if that happened. :wacko:

I wouldn't put to much faith in a betting company owned by a broadcaster

'The next Newcastle manager will be definitely, 100% be Hollywood sooooperstar Will Smith! PS. You can get odds of 5/1 on Sky Bet!'

*lumps on mortgage*

Newcastle appoint Dennis Wise.

He was favourite across the board on oddschecker though, not just Sky Bet.

Now it's Bruce, Sherwood and Nigel Worthington of all people. I wouldn't mind Sherwood to be honest, he'd be entertaining at least and he looks dapper in a waistcoat.

I do get both sides of the argument though. The idea that De Boer is so far ahead of other potential candidates is a bit silly.

I don't think it's silly. He's won a bunch of titles, he's a manager who knows how to win things and has experience collecting trophies, I think it counts for a lot. If it's that easy, other managers should go out and do it. It's also the type of football they play, also has experience managing expectations of a big club. I would have been happy with him as Spurs manager, hed be brilliant for Newcastle.

That said, heard he ruled it out as he doesn't move mid year, like spurs last year.

Oh and sterling clear apparently which is beyond ridiculous.

I do get both sides of the argument though. The idea that De Boer is so far ahead of other potential candidates is a bit silly.

I don't think it's silly. He's won a bunch of titles, he's a manager who knows how to win things and has experience collecting trophies, I think it counts for a lot. If it's that easy, other managers should go out and do it. It's also the type of football they play, also has experience managing expectations of a big club. I would have been happy with him as Spurs manager, hed be brilliant for Newcastle.

That said, heard he ruled it out as he doesn't move mid year, like spurs last year.

Oh and sterling clear apparently which is beyond ridiculous.

Martin O'Neill at Celtic ticked all those boxes too and he never matched those heights, barring a good spell with Villa. I just don't think achievements is lesser leagues can be truly considered when making a step up to one of the big ones.

Shteve did a magnificent job at Twente, flopped in Germany and is now in the Championship. De Boer is in the biggest club in his country by a mile and has one of, if not the best academy in world football. I'm sure he's more than capable and I wouldn't be disappointed if he came to Newcastle but he's definitely not a sure thing.

Not that any of the other candidates are any good, he's definitely the most exciting choice and I'm sure he'd get the most out of Siem De Jong who I forget exists sometimes.