The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I think Eddie is upset because Liverpool are a bit crap.

I'm not denying that this year, for the most part, we are, although of course this was the first PL loss for us this calendar year, so well done to United for that.

My favourite Liverpool things are when Gerrard slipped and cost them the title and when he got sent off against Man Utd in less than 1 minute.

Other notable moments for me include:

a) Gerrard's scoring of an own-goal in the 2005 Carling Cup final (Chelsea won 3-2)

b) Gerrard's mastery of the backpass assist, e.g. for Drogba to score at Anfield at the end of the 09/10 season, a vital moment in our winning the Double that year

• Like 3

My favourite Liverpool things are when Gerrard slipped and cost them the title and when he got sent off against Man Utd in less than 1 minute.

Other notable moments for me include:

a) Gerrard's scoring of an own-goal in the 2005 Carling Cup final (Chelsea won 3-2)

b) Gerrard's mastery of the backpass assist, e.g. for Drogba to score at Anfield at the end of the 09/10 season, a vital moment in our winning the Double that year

Shame he pulled that back pass trick off for England as well.

• Like 1

Steven Gerrard in being a horrible person shocker :/

Also, anyone thinking Liverpool are going to make 4th are being pretty hopeful at this stage.

5 points off 4th, 8 games to go including games against Arsenal and Chelsea away and only 3 home games left, pretty much mean that no points can be dropped in the other 6 games (outside of the Arsenal and Chelsea games)

And then you have to hope Man U, Arsenal or City go off the boil.

United still have Arsenal, Chelsea and City to play. Yesterday's result was damaging, no doubt, but we still just went 13 matches unbeaten - which included consecutive wins against Spurs, Southampton and City. The season isn't over yet. Can't afford to drop many more points though. We might be able to get away with six wins, one draw and one loss.

• Admin
Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel will be charged by the Football Association for the incident with Manchester United's David De Gea at Anfield yesterday. It is expected Skrtel will be charged with breach of rule E3 - violent conduct. Skrtel appeared to stand on De Gea's leg in the final seconds of the game, which United won 2-1. Referee Martin Atkinson was due to send in his report this morning, with the FA free to act if the official confirmed he had not seen the incident. As yet, the FA have made no comment on the matter.
  • Like 1

• Admin
The FA confirms that West Brom have been successful in a claim against mistaken identity for Gareth McAuley's red card on Saturday. Referee Neil Swarbrick admitted he sent off the wrong man at the Etihad Stadium after Craig Dawson had fouled City striker Wilfried Bony. "The standard one match suspension is now transferred to Craig Dawson, with immediate effect," the FA says in a statement.

• Admin
The FA has also revealed plans to toughen the rules on home-grown talent in the latest proposals from its commission, which was set up in 2013 to improve the England team.
The commission has also proposed changes to work permit rules having highlighted flaws in the system.
The stricter rules, approved by the Home Office on Friday, will come into force from 1 May.
Under the proposals:
  • A player will have to have been registered with his club from the age of 15 - a drop from the current age of 18 - to qualify as 'home-grown'.
  • The minimum number of home-grown players in a club's first-team squad of 25 will increase from eight to 12, phased over four years from 2016.
  • At least two home-grown players must also be 'club-trained' players - defined as any player, irrespective of nationality, that has been registered for three years at their current club from the age of 15.
  • Only the best non-EU foreign players will be granted permission to play in England, with the process for dealing with appeals to be tightened.

:bang: