The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I can't believe how bad Pearson has done this season, five points adrift from safety, even despite a whole extra year to prepare for the Prem, and buying a club record £10m striker who has basically dried up after an initial burst. I'm not one for "sack the manager", but there's only so far I can stretch it when he's spent that kind of money and gotten such awful results, especially after what a good start we had showed that the team's capability is there, it just seems to be motivation isn't there.

So he has zero say on transfers?

Only the shit players. He really really wanted the ones that turn out alright though, and he was desperate for players that we missed out on who turn out to be amazing.

At least that's how the press is currently being briefed.

Ah yes, I remember when every bad Chelsea transfer was STUPID FRANK ARNESEN (or other DoF) or STUPID ABRAMOVICH, while good transfers were GREAT WORK JOSE/CARLO/etc. etc

It's a nice little lie the fans tell themselves when they have zero understanding as to how the club in question actually operates.

Of course nowadays at Chelsea, we're like ALL HAIL MICHAEL EMENALO (AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT HAVE OFFERED AN OPINION), since all of our transfers are amazing without (recent) exception. :shifty:

I dunno..there's been rumours Salah is going off on loan in January isnt there?

I've read transfer rumours, not loan rumours... Generally he's so far out on the fringes that I could believe them, but I think it would only be if he forced himself out - which I don't particularly see happening as soon as January. I think the club are happy to stick with the players they've got through to the summer.

Good news that Kurt Zouma is not seriously injured after being stretchered off yesterday:

"He is fine. We don't think he needs hospital treatment. He was a bit dizzy and he had some blood in his mouth because of a cut. He has gone for some exams with the docs. He'll be available for Monday."

"I thought the collision was a punch, but it was with Petr's head - his helmet! The players were with the body language that there was some trouble but I had no idea what the trouble was because of the distance. I had some information the people with the stretchers are not allowed to run and I trust that."

Freddy Woodman may have to start in goal against Sunderland if Alnwick is out. Apparently a 17 year old and a keeper out on loan that can't be recalled counts as having 2 fit keepers and rules out an emergency loan.

Lovely.

Sounds like it's our own daft fault on the Darlow thing, but there's definitely something going wrong with the loans system when we get that and Cleverley gets banned for a game he wasn't even eligible to play in.

Sunday could be awful, but in fairness to Woodman he can't be much worse than Alnwick.